MECX Inc. seeks to hire an energetic and motivated environmental engineer in our Houston, Texas office.
We are looking for an ambitious team-oriented engineer that wants to get their hands dirty and contribute to a wide variety of environmental projects. This position includes conducting field investigations, compliance assessments, report writing, engineering design, field engineering and construction management (technical, schedule and budget).
Daily work assignments can include, field inspections, sampling of environmental media (soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, etc.), managing environmental data, evaluating environmental data, reporting writing, engineering design and drafting. The level of independence will be commensurate with experience and demonstrated ability.
The successful candidate is flexible, confident and assertive.
- A bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, or related engineering field
- Fundamentals of Engineering exam passed
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in AutoCad or AutoCad LT
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment with critical thinking skills
- Robust mechanical abilities
- Strong time-management skills
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Ability to gain restricted access at military installations requiring background checks
- Ability to travel
- Must pass drug test, as required by federal contracts
- At least 2 years of relevant environmental engineering experience
- Demonstrated project management capabilities
- Maintaining client relationships
- Professional Engineering certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Project
- Experienced with data management
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in environmental regulations (federal and state)
- 40-hour Osha HAZWWOP
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Experience with Deltek Vision
- Working knowledge of business economics/management
- Business acumen
- Business development skills
MECX does not discriminate. The position is open to qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability/genetic information, age and sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $32.00 /hour
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Environmental Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off