RHA ENERGY PARTNERS is a Hawaii-based energy services company focused on identifying and implementing
comprehensive and innovate energy-related turnkey solutions for our public and private sector clients. Our
mission is to PARTNER with our clients to identify and implement energy solutions that positively impact our
clients, our community, and our 'āina.
RHA ENERGY PARTNERS is seeking an Energy Engineer to join our growing Team to support the project development
and project implementation of various energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability projects statewide.
We are seeking highly motivated professionals committed to making Hawai’i a better place to work and live.
Projects are currently all Hawaii-based and include government and private sector clients spanning multiple
market sectors including commercial real estate, healthcare, K-12 schools, universities, financial banking, water
and wastewater municipalities, and hotel and hospitality sectors.
- Accompany Business Solutions Manager on client meetings and facility site walks to identify potential
- Assist Business Solutions Manager in development of client proposals.
- Conduct facility energy audits (similar to ASHRAE Level 1, 2, and 3 audits).
- Conduct jobsite observations, field inspections, or sub-metering to identify: existing energy consumption
use, existing building systems, and potential Energy Conservation Measures (ECM) for further evaluation.
- Collect, compile, and oversee data collection and data analysis, including energy billing and consumption
data, mechanical or electrical subsystem energy data, or other relevant operational data or information.
- Identify and evaluate various ECMs including lighting systems, HVAC systems, building automation
systems and controls, and on-site renewable energy systems.
- Prepare budgetary construction cost estimates for ECM implementation costs.
- Perform financial cost-benefit analysis of ECMs, including payback period, life-cycle costs, and net-present
value financial analyses.
- Provide written summaries of ECMs evaluated, including summary of existing conditions and proposed
- Prepare written narratives and reports including executive summary, technical details, and valuepropositions for Energy Audit Reports or other relevant project summary reports.
Engineering & Design
- Prepare or oversee the engineering design (conceptual, schematic, preliminary, final) of Energy
Conservation Measures for implementation.
- Provide knowledge in current engineering standards, codes, and practices in Hawaii as related to ECMs
for mechanical, electrical, and renewable energy systems.
- Develop and implement Measurement & Verification (M&V) plans for energy projects (similar to IPMVP
standards) through post-construction evaluation, monitoring, submetering, or other data acquisition.
- Direct the work of contractors or staff in the implementation of energy projects.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure all project deliverables, goals and client expectations are met.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships throughout the Study, Design, Construction, and Post
Construction phases of projects.
Desired Skills & Capabilities
- Creative, Innovative, and Self-Motivated professional capable of multi-tasking.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering strongly preferred.
- 2 - 5 years of experience desired in the field of mechanical or electrical engineering, relating to energy
efficiency, building systems (lighting, HVAC, controls), energy savings performance contracting,
renewable energy, and sustainability.
- Certified Energy Manager, LEED accreditation, or M&V certification.
- Building Energy Modeling (BEM) software experience (e.g. eQuest, Energy Plus).
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Join Our Team
RHA ENERGY PARTNERS is on the forefront of positively impacting Hawaii’s energy landscape. We offer a rewarding
and collaborative environment and are seeking individuals that want to make a difference.
RHA ENERGY PARTNERS is a subsidiary of Ronald N.S. Ho & Associates, Inc. Established in 1978, Ronald N.S. Ho &
Associates is one of Hawaii’s largest electrical engineering consulting firms with over 40 years of service in Hawaii.
Salary shall be commensurate with experience. In addition to RHA Energy Partners employee benefits, employees
are also eligible for Ronald N.S. Ho & Associates, Inc. employee benefits including a 401(K) profit-sharing plan and
Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP) benefits upon eligibility.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.