A rare and exciting opportunity with a mining and chemical processing facility located 50 miles south of Las Vegas, NV. MP Materials owns and operates Mountain Pass, the only integrated Rare Earth mining and processing site in North America. Rare Earths power the modern economy. They are essential components in a wide range of industrial, clean energy and information technology applications. The MP Materials facilities are currently undergoing major and rapid expansion to meet growing global demand.
The Process Engineer will be in the Process Technology and Engineering Department and report directly to the Principal Engineer. The Process Engineer will collaborate with other plant engineers, supervisors, operators, and management in the design, implementation, startup, and optimization of various unit operations. The Process Engineer monitors daily process and equipment control parameters and make adjustments as necessary to ensure production quality and efficient, uninterrupted operation. The Process Engineer investigates process upsets, develop ideas and make recommendations to improve process, safety, quality, efficiency and profitability.
- Compile process and performance data and reports.
- Track and present process key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Promote process safety and risk management, while participating in quality and environmental management systems
- Develop process for mineral processing under the general direction of the
- Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for new and existing production processes and operations;
work with area trainers to effectively communicate materials with operations
- Develop and communicate cost, benefit, and risk information on processes and products
- Develop analytical methods and identify new analytical technologies
- Coordinate the Management of Change Process for operations
- Perform laboratory test work as needed to investigate, troubleshoot,
and improve operations
- Assist with process planning and development to ensure quality products and safe conditions
- Input daily reagent usage and production into SAP for accounting and mass balancing purposes
- Maintain safe work practices
- Complete any other tasks as needed or directed by management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a chemical, mining, petroleum or heavy industrial setting preferred
- Experience with the following unit ops preferred: crushers, mills, flotation, reactors, filters, pumps, control systems, solvent extraction,
wet scrubbers, kilns, dryers, calciners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy or a related field.
ABET accredited institution preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record are required to
drive company vehicles on and off property
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to complete a task with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to learn new duties
- Ability to work in teams with strong collaboration skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels within the organization
- Ability to create, read and modify PFD’s and P&ID’s
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
statistical software, AutoCAD, and PI ProcessBook
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to write technical SOP’s