Orica is one of the largest providers of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunnelling.
An Australian company with a global footprint, Orica has a diverse workforce, with operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
Orica’s vision is to provide Clever Resourceful Solutions to our customers around the world. Our value of No Accidents Today underpins our commitment to the safety, health and well-being of our people and customers, the environment, and the communities in which we operate.
Full Stack Developer - Brownsburg, QC
This role requires experience in developing software solutions with an intense focus on end user experience, rapid iteration and improvement and quality software delivery in an agile setting. The primary focus will be full stack mobile application development, including integration with back-end infrastructure. The role requires interacting directly with business owners to define and fine-tune requirements, and working alongside other developers, designers, QA, and a product owner. He/She will be encouraged (and expected!) to participate in the design and agile evolution of solutions and influence, challenge and defend technology decisions, not just execute static requirements. Prior experience working in a technical leadership role at an enterprise or end-to-end product development in an entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
- Full stack HTML/CSS development
- Mobile front-end and back-end development
- Software writing and implementation for existing and new hardware platforms
- Ability to understand, validate and maintain other developer’s code.
- Will be responsible for supporting Orica’s leading-edge products that generate high returns to the business
Experience and Qualifications
- Collegial degree in Computer or equivalent experiences
- Highly proficient demonstrated success with full stack HTML/CSS development
- Mobile front-end and back-end dev experience / best practices
- Experience with Electron app development
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers (or experience with AWS equivalents)
- Experience with web server technology such as Node.js - Server and Client ends
Assets (Nice to have)
- C# development experience
- Database design, implementation
- An ability to design end-to-end solutions with sometimes novel business requirements
- Experience with Agile development processes, methodologies, and tools (Kanban, Scrum, Continuous Integration, automated tests)
o Source control with GitHub, best practices
o Bug tracking with JIRA
- Software/ Firmware writing and implementation for existing and new hardware platforms
What we offer
To ensure that we attract and retain the best people we offer:
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
To apply, click on the link below
To view more Orica vacancies, we invite you to visit the Orica careers page or follow us on Linked In.