Junior Software Engineer
This is an exempt position and may be remote.
The Junior Senior Software Engineer is a talented, self-motivated individual, who can join NABP to help build the next generation of software systems.
This individual will have an interest in building large-scale, high-performance, and security-centric products and think end-to-end. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Interacts with database administrators, developers, business analysts, system administrators, and end users to interpret business requirements.
- Performs requirements analysis and document functional design specifications utilizing current systems, methodologies, and tools.
Product Improvements and Troubleshooting
- Investigates reports of outage, improper or untimely operation, determines root causes, and develops and executes action plans.
- Develops software code changes to address documented deficiencies in the operations of the products.
- Evaluates and recommends new and existing end-user tools and products.
- Fosters and maintains good working relationships and cooperates actively with staff and third parties regarding assigned development and support tasks.
- Works cooperatively with NABP staff to analyze, recommend actions, and implement actions regarding operational incidents, program malfunctions, or requests for development when an incident occurs with the applications or application creation process. Implements programming changes to address such incidents when necessary.
- Stays abreast of technical changes in the areas of development competence through formal and informal professional development and recommends changes where necessary to ensure NABP technologies and application programs are effective, secure, and up-to-date.
- Provides regular reports to the Information Systems Senior Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mount Prospect, IL 60056: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Angular version 7 and up: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location