Senior Automation Engineer
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment inspired by entrepreneurship?
Direct Companies is the parent company of Direct Automation, Direct Technologies, and Direct Data Management. We strive to deliver results through technology within industrial and commercial environments. We are a team who values safety, customer focus, and integrity. If this excites you, please read on.
The Senior Automation Engineer’s role is to execute, control, and deliver modifications to control systems in various industries. This position will be responsible for moving projects from start to finish, and work as a team player to help achieve team success. Consistently communicate with clients to ensure projects are being completed in a timely and accurate manner. Apply continuous improvement and lessons learned to improve future results. The senior automation engineer will spend much of their time working with DCS or PLC programs and supporting our clients with their process plant operations. This individual may also play a key role in resource management and team leadership.
- Minimum of a bachelors OR technical degree required.
- 10-15 years of experience in an engineering environment, developing automation and controls solutions in DeltaV, ABB, Siemens, Allen Bradley, Rockwell, or other automation platforms.
- Process engineering experience preferred.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams to successfully complete projects.
- Act as Controls and Automation engineer with role of designing and developing software for applications based on given requirements and specification.
- Control software development will also include developing machine control algorithms for
PLC based systems, DCS systems, HMI design and implementation, instrumentation and sensor interface, data logging, and communication interfaces with other industrial processors.
- Duties will include generation of Design documentation, PLC Code, HMI applications, Bill of Materials, Network Architectures, One Line Drawing, Operations manuals.
- Responsible of sustaining current applications and debugging / fixing issues that are reported in the field. This could be by answering calls and working with technicians, remotely connecting and troubleshooting, or by traveling to site and working with personnel to fix the issue.
- Project lead on commissioning and deployments.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Technical consultant to business stake holders, assist in gathering requirements from customers.
- Maintain product safety in all designs.
- Perform project deliverables under general supervision while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Assist in the bid/quoting process.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by Direct
Companies and clients.
- Site start-up support of integrated control systems.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: .
- Project Management experience.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
- Travel of up to 30%. Most travel will not include overnight stays.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform; the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Additionally, Direct Companies reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Direct Automation, Direct Technologies, Direct Data Management
Purpose: Delivering results through technology.
Core Values: Safety, Customer Focus, Integrity
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D, 401K, PTO, FSA, Flexible scheduling, Collaborative environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Are you willing to relocate to the Sioux Falls, South Dakota region?
- Automation/Controls: 10 years (Preferred)
- Process Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Multiple Locations