This position is for local hires only, within the Albuquerque, NM area.
We are looking to hire 1 PE for a construction company locally, any applicant without construction experience will not be considered.
The Project Engineer (PE) is responsible for assisting Project Manager with estimating and managing projects to maximize the safety, quality and profits for the Company.
Hourly Position, 40-45 hours per week. Overtime may be required as approved by the project manager. It is expected that Project Engineers will be available for duties Monday through Friday, a minimum from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a one hour lunch, commonly between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
· Assist Project Manager in day to day duties.
· Prepare and review productions weekly with Project Superintendents and Project Managers.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures.
· Assist business office in preparation of bond, insurance certificates, and other special contract requirements.
· Be aware of bid results for assigned projects in order to evaluate competitiveness of estimate.
· Assist project superintendent and project manager establishing budget cost codes to be used on assigned projects. Assist PM input of “target” budget into Vista including appropriate hours, dollars and units. Budgets must be approved by COO prior to entering into Vista.
· Set up all project information in Vista project management software.
· Assist in preparation of product information, samples, and shop drawings per general contractor’s schedule
· Participate in pre-job meetings.
· Assist PM with monthly review of the financial position of the project with the project superintendent to make sure the job is on track. If problems appear, immediately notify supervisor and regional general superintendent.
· Provide all job packet information to project superintendent prior to starting the project.
· Ensure that field is kept up-to-date on all project correspondence.
· Be creative in developing new systems, forms, or ideas to make our work more efficient
· Review all equipment and scaffold rentals with project superintendent and approve for payment.
· Review weekly job cost reports with project superintendent.
· Participate in post-job meeting.
· Participate in the preparation of monthly project financial projections and review critical areas with project superintendent, general superintendent, and upper management as needed.
· Assist in the preparation of monthly project financial projections for accounting – for standalone projects.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Albuquerque, NM (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19