Job Title: Mid-level Civil Engineer– LOCATION: Pasco Office
Aqtera Engineering is seeking a mid-level Civil Engineer to join our Pasco office to perform civil engineering design tasks for residential and commercial development projects. Our priority is to combine our deeply rooted commitment to service with our focus areas of expertise and carry that commitment through to the smallest project details.
2 to 6 years of engineering experience required. Project engineering utilizes Autodesk Civil 3D to model the project site and utilities. Familiarity with this software is required. The engineer must possess good writing and communication skills with experience writing technical memorandums and reports. Experience and familiarity with federal, state, and local agency standards, specifications, and land use permitting processes is required. Experience with private land development projects is preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Residential subdivision and engineering design support from feasibility through final plat. Tasks include:
- Preliminary layout design
- Stormwater management design, calculations, and report
- Grading and road design
- Utility design and modeling for water, sewer, and irrigation systems
- Creation of construction plans and documents
- Deliver submittal packages to local agencies
- Engineering support during construction
- Commercial site design support from feasibility through certificate of occupancy. Tasks are similar to those mentioned above for residential subdivision design.
- Communicate effectively with people within and outside the office such as local agency staff, contractors, surveyors, material suppliers, and other consultants.
- Continue to increase proficiency using Civil 3D and other design software.
- Continue to increase proficiency using Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Bring a positive attitude with a commitment to excellence in all things.
Qualifications and AbilitiesEducation/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Certified Engineer in Training
- Valid Driver's License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office; spreadsheet software; design software (i.e. Civil3D) and internet software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
After the Introductory Period of 90 days, in addition to the salary, Aqtera, LLC would be pleased to offer:
- Vacation – 2 weeks (Paid Time Off – includes Sick Leave)
- Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage - Health Net (eligible first day of the month following 60 days of employment)
- 401K Enrollment – eligible after 90 days (3% match)
Compensation Commensurate with Experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Civil 3D: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules