RKW has an immediate opening for an Extrusion Process Engineer with Blown Film hands on experience.
The Extrusion Process Engineer determines and develops processes to ensure quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met. Responsible for providing detailed process and technical guidance and identifying, developing, implementing and optimizing process improvements.
- · Drive process improvements utilizing Six Sigma tools and Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology.
- · Establish Standard Operating Conditions (SOC’s)for new and existing jobs, this to include limits for key process variables.
- · Assist the execution of new formulas with R&D.
- · Drive production efficiency (throughput, scrap, and up-time) against budgeted standards. Report results.
- · Coordinate operational efficiency (OE) projects and drive continuous improvement objectives.
- · Ability to perform reverse engineering on products
- · Performs physical and other analytical testing of raw materials, developmental samples and competitive goods; document,analyze, interpret and summarize testing results
- · Initiate additional testing as suggested by interpretation of results of other tests. Initiate, propose or develop new methods during the course of testing in light of product requirements.
- · Assists manufacturing plant on characterization/technical issues as required and the resolution of both customer and internal complaints and process problems and optimization procedures
- · Direct responsibility for all aspects of the product development cycle from idea through commercialization, including trials in the plant, field trials with customers and technical support for the product launch
- · Works closely with suppliers to translate relevant advances and innovations in resin technology into improvements of our films or design of new films
- · Performs research and development activities of all RKW NA products especially technical films.
- Provides training to other technicians as needed.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple
- tasks simultaneously
- - Must have knowledge of maintenance manufacturing production environment related to the plastics industry
- - Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with all personnel
- - Be able to work independently and as a member of a team
- - Attention to detail required
- - Results oriented, multi-tasking, and be able to respond to urgent needs and meeting deadlines
- - Proficient computer and MS Office skills(incl. Excel, Word,Outlook,project) required
- - Minimum Six Sigma green belt and strong SPC knowledge.
- - Knowledge of OSHA, EPA and other government regulations
- - Must be able to perform all duties in a safe and effective manner
- Must also be able to travel internationally
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Polymer Science, Polymer Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Sound process knowledge and experience in plastic industry
- Three years of project management experience
The RKW North America is an independent, family-owned company and one of the world´s foremost manufacturers of excellent film solutions. RKW is the market leader in the areas of hygiene and agricultural films, films for the beverage industry and packaging for powdery goods. In addition, the company makes films and non-wovens for medical applications, for the chemical and converting industries as well as for the construction sector.
RKW North America in Franklin, Kentucky, has been a part of the RKWGroup since the end of 2010. The current location was built in 2000 for the manufacture of films for lamination and technical applications. From its establishment, the site in Franklin focused its attention on the development of technical films that are particularly suited to flexible packaging in both food and non-food categories. In 2006, the plant's capacity was expanded through the addition of multi-layer extrusion technology to complement the product range. In 2012, RKW further increased its presence on the North American market by installing new capacity for the production of films for the hygiene disposables market.
- · Highly competitive compensation
- · Excellent and affordable Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- · Flexible Spending and Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- · Company paid Life Insurance, STD & LTD
- · 401(k)
- · 9 holidays per year
- · Vacation pay
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Extrusion Blown Film: 2 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative