Less than 10%
Our work depends on a Big Fix Administrator joining our FDIC infrastructure program in Arlington, VA. U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background. (Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role requires flexibility to support issues or planned activities after hours, weekends and holidays as needed.)
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Install security patches for both OS-level and 3rd party products using BigFix
- Perform troubleshooting of failed patch installations, up to and including escalating to and working with the vendor to resolve the issue
- Utilize Web Reports to pull ad hoc custom reports for different aspects of our systems
- Create scheduled activities in Web Reports to send out pre-configured reports to sets of concerned users
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, patch, and manage BigFix on Windows
- Support tickets relating to BigFix technical issues primarily and work other tickets as assigned
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for BigFix application and agents
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with Servers, software, and communications devices
- Provide escalation support for technical support and assistance to junior administrators
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution for BigFix and general patching issues on Windows systems
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Working TEM/BigFix deployment experience
8 IT experience/6 years BigFix Administration experience
10 IT experience/8 years BigFix Administration experience
No Degree 13 IT experience/11 years BigFix Administration experience
5+ years of experience in a Virtualized Windows environment.
Hands on experience with administering and monitoring a large BigFix 9.X production environment
Operations experience in a variety of server based operating system - MS Server 2008 and above
BigFix Relevance and Session Relevance Languages
Hands on experience with troubleshooting BigFix client and relay communication issues in a large multisite deployment needed
Troubleshooting – Proficient at Systematic analysis to diagnose and trace data flow to determine cause and effect of issues.
Experience writing fixlets in TEM/BigFix for package deployments
Experience creating packages for windows updates to servers and PCs
Experience creating custom properties and Analysis in BigFix to use for reporting
Exceptional problem-solving skills
Familiar with security, best practices and methodologies
Strong communications, problem solving, leadership and analytical skills;
Able to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment.
Strong organizational skills; Must be able to multitask without sacrificing attention to details.
Able to work effectively with other groups and teams.
Experience with patching Solaris and RedHat Linux with BigFix
- PowerShell scripting experience
MCSE - WIN 2012/2016
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.