As a General Maintenance Worker, you will be responsible to maintain and up keep for the grounds and the utility areas through the property or properties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Responsible for performing a variety of work in the maintenance department including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting tasks.
- Responsible for performing maintenance repairs and services. To do daily technical inspection rounds and checks on the property.
- Create a periodic maintenance schedule and also design preventive maintenance programs for the property.
- Communicates effectively and genuinely with guests, employees and other departments.
- Responsible for ground maintenance like cleaning and maintenance of parking lot, garden or landscaping, etc.
- Demonstrate teamwork by co-operating and assisting fellow employees as needed.
- Be intuitive to guest needs, anticipates needs in job performance, being proactive instead of reactive.
- Has knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Maintain of the trash room daily and pressure clean weekly.
- To clean and maintain work area, materials, and equivalent, to report defective materials and equipment to supervisor.
- To undertake any reasonable request made by management.
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy.
- Reports any suspicious behavior of guest and staff to Security.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately and immediately.
- Fully understand the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for security and safety of guests and employees.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others and wears and uses the appropriate safety clothing/equipment supplied, and follows all maintenance instructions.
- Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language, and conduct.
- Also, other duties may be required as directed by your Manager.
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of (1) year of general maintenance experience.
- A minimum of (1) year of hospitality experience preferred.
- High School education preferred.
- Able to speak and understand Basic English.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
- cemetery maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)