Title: Industrial Programmer
Reports To: Controls Design Manager
The Industrial Programmer is responsible for design, configure, and implementation of full SCADA architecture on the company’s core technology. Notable points of responsibility include accurate data processing and securing database integrity.
Directly involved in manufacturing, wiring, and assembly of designed equipment. The position will support Controls Design Manager in interacting with other departments for validation, support, training, and troubleshooting to the company, as well as its suppliers and customers with regards to the technology.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Create full scale SCADA system, logical program design, simulation, testing, and start up.
· Improve existing PLC programs for each generation of equipment.
· In collaboration with other engineers, leads direction for data integrity for all equipment.
· System monitoring, debugging, and troubleshooting operational problems.
· Provide technical support for engineers in project development and field service technicians.
· Maintains a “safety first” mindset when designing and automating solutions.
· Track, manage, and report project status.
· Write and modify operation manuals.
· Understand and develop electrical control schematics (Soildworks Electical (CAD) knowledge a plus).
· Document program development and integration to meet GAMP 5 and or FDA’s 21 CFR Part 11.
· IEC 61131 (with ST as primary), SQL database, OPCUA protocol configuration, Visual Basic/Studio, Python, XML, MS Power Shell, batch file creation, and more.
· VMware/Hyper-V, MSSQL, MS Server, BIOS configuration and management.
· Proficiency with automation hardware/software, including ABB, GE iFix, B&R, Dream Reports, Soildworks Electical (CAD) and others.
· Knowledge of variable frequency drives (VFDs) and their controls.
· Knowledge of loss-in-weight feeders (K-Tron, Schenck, etc.) and their controls.
· Excellent communication and documenting skills; detail oriented.
· A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment (i.e. no ‘not my job’ mentality). Be willing to perform tasks outside of job description from time to time.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and self-improvement; open to further training and education.
· Ability to work well with cross functional teams, contractors, and other outside vendors.
· Respects oneself and others, maintains integrity, delivers results, promotes collaboration and teamwork by example.
· Ability to travel on occasion.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field preferred.
· Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and safety protocols.
· Minimum 5 years experience with PLC programming, systems development and hands-on wiring and product implementation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location