Database position working with clinical trials data systems under general supervision. Provides technical
leadership for some or all of the following activities:
Designs and implements global library and study
specific setup for clinical trials applications; develops and validates data checks; provides first-line enduser
support/problem solving; provides support for application validation activities.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Serves as Technical Lead on Study specific database design / build activities adhering to the timelines established by the project team and indicated by the contract.
- Reviews designs for compliance/feasibility within the database system and consistency with any current standards and/or sponsor specification and meets with study teams on a regular basis during initial study setup to ensure effective communication and accuracy in design
- Develops and validates data checks and performs core setup and supports processes for various peripheral systems
- Coordinates the activities of other Database Programmers that might assist in building studies to ensure all jobs are carried out and timelines are met.
- Updates annotations and production databases where required based on protocol amendments or other changes to trial designs within timelines as agreed with project team
- Provides basic technical support / consultancy and end-user support
- Works with IT in troubleshooting, reporting and resolving system issues
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, biology or other
health related field or equivalent experience that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to
perform the job.
Minimum of 2 years experience in a clinical trials environment or similar field
Minimum of 1 years experience with Oracle or similar applications in a programming or
administration capacity. OC/RDC experience preferred.
Minimum of 1 year experience with Medidata Rave and/or Rave certification
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Good organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and to
manage multiple assignments with challenging/conflicting deadlines.
Good computer skills
Knowledge of relational database systems (RDBMS) and structure
Experience in Oracle and with Oracle tools or similar, with working knowledge of SQL and/or
Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
Good written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated experience in identification and resolution of technical problems in a professional
Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with clinical data and client’s proprietary data
Ability to attain, maintain and apply a working knowledge of GCPs and applicable SOPs
Demonstrated positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and the ability to work well with