SK Siltron CSS, a subsidiary of South Korea-based SK Siltron and the SK Group, offers a reliable global source of leading edge, production proven, high crystal quality silicon carbide (SiC) wafers and epitaxy services.
SK Siltron has been part of the semiconductor industry in Korea and throughout the world for more than 35 years, pursuing global leadership in semiconductor development through fundamental competitive innovation in technology, manufacturing, infrastructure and talented people. Recent acquisition of state-of-the-art technologies for SiC wafer production from DuPont extends the company’s capabilities in developing and manufacturing semiconductor wafers.
As a vertically integrated SiC material supplier with technology and manufacturing expertise from crystal growth through wafer fabrication and epitaxy, SK Siltron CSS is well-positioned to provide technology to meet demands linked to global megatrends – including improved environmental sustainability, increased electricity demand and higher energy efficiency – through the latest generation of wide-bandgap semiconductor materials.
SK Siltron CSS has a unique opportunity at the Auburn Site in Midland, MI for an experienced Automation Engineer to provide lead a team of engineers to provide ownership, management, development, installation, and maintenance of process automation controls and tools, designed to deliver and meet SK Siltron CSS process and facilities, safety, and automation requirements. This position has the accountability to define the company’s automation specifications based on needs and functional alignment with production goals. The automation SME will also be involved in planning and managing capital improvement projects that align with strategic business objectives.
- Strategic Development SME – Works in team environment with internal/external engineers, designers, and partners to provide state of the art Control Systems to improve efficiency, product quality, and profitability of process manufacturing. Supports company and is the process and controls automation subject matter expert. Supports facility needs, project needs, and production operations with automation engineering support and troubleshooting. Helps identify site improvement projects and automation reliability improvements. Provides training and coaching to others to understand automation systems, maintenance & repairs.
- Project Front End Development - Thoroughly review, understand, and develop project front end(s) using internal resources, and external support when required. Identify project cost savings ideas delivering continuous improvement opportunities and implementation. Completes and attends technical reviews and prepares project cost estimates following the Capital Engineering project processes.
- Project specifications – Develops project specifications and provides auto spec(s) by studying production and strategic needs. Determines automation requirements, and performance standards.
- Detailed Engineering – Manages development of detailed engineering packages using internal and external support. Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommends actions. Defines and implements programmable logic controller (PLC) & distributed control system (DCS) configurations.
- Contract services management – Leads, directs, and manages third party engineering firms for design and programming support. Ensuring SK Siltron is getting max value out of their automation investments.
- Safety – Maintains a safety-first mindset ensuring all engineering designs and project(s) are adhering to all SK Siltron CSS engineering standards, state, and federal regulations. Performs safety evaluations and reviews on projects and engineering as part of automation and controls safety.
- Quality Control - Enforces quality control standards for insourced and outsourced engineering. Ensures engineering standards are being followed have a strong adherence to quality. Provide periodic quality reviews of SK engineering standards, contractors, and engineering firms. Perform evaluations and assist in developing partnerships with vendors for automation support where needed.
Qualifications & Education:
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical, Automation, or Engineering technology.
- 4-8 years of experience in automation or related field with practical experience working with multiple automation systems, DCS, PLC, VFD, Servos, and Robotics.
- Understanding of batch or continuous process control.
- Ability to guild a project with little supervision and guidance
- Thorough understanding of control system design and coding
- Hands-on experience with current PLC or DCS platforms
- Ability to diagnose and solve a range of issues related to software and hardware controls and automation.
In addition to your competitive salary, as an SK Siltron CSS employee, you are eligible to participate in our extraordinary benefits package which includes a generous PTO and holiday allowance, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans with no employee premium, and an exceptional 401k plan with auto enrollment and employer matching. Additionally, employees also enjoy such benefits as supplemental voluntary life policies, flexible work arrangements, and wellness benefits.
SK Siltron, CSS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance