Poettker Construction Company, a Construction Management and Design-Build Firm, is recognized as a premier construction industry leader, Best Place to Work, and ENR Midwest and Southeast Top Contractor!
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, detailed and organized individual to join our team as a Senior Preconstruction Estimator in Charlotte, NC.
SENIOR PRECONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR
About the Position
The Senior Preconstruction Estimator is responsible for handling all preconstruction and estimating services for our southeast regional office in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for all preconstruction deliverables to clients: Program/Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Perform risk analysis at project onset and develop strategy to minimize risk in order to ensure project success.
- Assist in client sales presentations.
- Develop estimates and schedules for projects at all stages.
- Oversee preconstruction meetings for each project.
- Take lead in preparing Guaranteed Maximum Price Proposals (GMP’s).
- Develop milestones in order to achieve results.
- Ensure Client Satisfaction during preconstruction.
- Lead transition efforts in communicating project execution plan with operations and other key stakeholders in the project.
- Support operations during scope of work negotiations with subcontractors and other key stakeholders.
- Read, interpret, and quantify project documents.
- Prepare scope of work clarifications.
- Have experience with various digital take-off and estimating software systems.
- Organize estimates for ease of audit.
- Capable of evaluating all divisions of construction with a strong background on vertical construction.
- Develop rapport with Architectural/Engineering firms, subcontracting community, and other construction business partners in order to ensure client expectations are met.
- Prepare and document communication efforts for ease of transition to operations.
- Prepare field overhead estimates based on project schedules and project management approach.
- Experience in evaluating and disseminating subcontractor scope of work proposals.
- Self-motivator with an ability to establish and meet deadline challenges.
- Competent at conceptual and detailed estimating with strong value engineering knowledge and cost control capabilities.
- Consults with Architects/Engineers on Project Parameters.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management or related field, or equivalent experience required. Ten or more years construction estimating experience required. Mechanical and electrical estimating experience a plus.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Effective negotiation, team building, problem solving, mathematical and analytical skills; Exceptional organization skills and keen attention to detail, deadlines, and accuracy; Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; Strong conceptual estimating capabilities; Ability to coordinate activities on 'bid day'; and the following Poettker Construction competencies: Safety First, Quality Work, Honesty and Integrity, Trustworthy Relationships, Family Oriented, Effective Partnerships, and Fiscal Responsibility.
Poettker Construction’s selection process may include a series of interviews and/or a leadership assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
*Note: Key responsibilities reflect the essence of the position. Additional tasks or projects may be assigned to or removed from this role based on business needs or incumbent skills and abilities. Changes to minimum qualifications should be reviewed with and approved at the Officer level.
Poettker Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Estimating: 10 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical or Electrical Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place