Atlas Roof Shingles & Underlayments- a Division of Atlas Roofing Corporation- is an industry leader that develops, sells and manufactures a full line of high-performance residential roof shingles, underlayments, and accessory systems and products. Atlas Roof Shingles & Underlayments offers innovative, quality, and unmatched roofing and construction materials for homeowners, contractors, builders, and distributors.
Atlas Roofing Corporation, a privately owned company, established in 1982, is an international and multi-divisional manufacturer of roofing, sheathing, facer, and insulation product solutions. Atlas protects because WE Care! Live, Work, Play!
Atlas Roof Shingles & Underlayments is seeking a Electrician C for the Meridian, MS facility.
Electrician C Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for installing, calibrating, repairing, designing, constructing, adjusting, modifying, and performing preventative maintenance on all types of electrical equipment.
- Responsible for following all plant and safety rules including all PPE requirements
- Performs daily inspection of all electronic devices necessary for machine performance and data collection to produce quality product.
- Maintains daily shift inspection and repair logs.
- Analyzes and reviews wiring diagrams, blueprints and schematics. Ensures all are up-to-date.
- Uses various types of meters and test equipment proficiently for decision making and troubleshooting process, as well as communicates information to maintenance supervision and engineers for equipment modifications.
- Troubleshoots, locates and isolates problems associated with electrical equipment.
- Maintains plant instrumentation such as heat controllers and recording devices, transmitters, level controls, and flow control devices.
- Works with maintenance supervisor to insure a sufficient level of back up spares for all electronic equipment.
- Assist with maintenance as needed.
- Minimal travel requirements as needed for training as determined by Supervision.
- Any and all other responsibilities as assigned by Supervision.
Electrician C Experience
- Minimum 3 years verifiable industrial electrical experience. PLC experience a plus.
- Capable of performing mechanical and electrical maintenance; able to use electrical test equipment such as: VOM, DVM, MEGGER, Oscilloscope & test jigs.
- Must be familiar with hydraulics, pneumatics, and three phase A.C.
- Must be able to lay and run conduit.
Electrician C Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must possess good organizational skills to process job related data in relation to work area materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively, relevantly, clearly and timely.
- Ability to think through issues and develop solutions in timely manner.
- Willingness to work with others to form solutions.
- Basic arithmetic and ability to calculate percentages.
- Must be able to use power tools, including electrical testing and measuring equipment.
Electrician C Education, Licenses & Certifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Take and pass Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Assessment
- Must be able to work shifts, and be available for "call-in".
- Frequently required to stand/walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent use of hands and fingers to handle, feel and manipulate objects.
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision.
- Working conditions include; extreme cold, extreme heat, wet, humid, noisy and atmospheric conditions.
- Rotating shifts.
- Atlas Roofing Corporation offers a competitive compensation and vacation/holiday package as well as a comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D/LTD insurance, 401k and Medical & Dependent Care Spending Accounts.
Atlas Roofing Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
No calls or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.29 to $26.98 /hour
- PLC: 3 years (Preferred)
- electrician: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)