QA Engineer at Inseego
Are you interested in joining a dynamic and talented QA team, with great opportunities for growth and learning? We have a growing team in a fast-paced environment that is excited about quality assurance. Our enterprise SaaS solution is rapidly expanding, and we are growing our QA team and infrastructure to ensure its continued success.
This is much more than a basic tester position. We are looking for ambitious team member to accelerate our testing processes. We are implementing an advanced test automation framework, designing and building complex sets of engineered test data, while creating the foundations for comprehensive performance and load testing. We are looking for talented engineers who can test and automate while building their skills across all areas of software quality assurance. This person should be comfortable with both manual testing and hands on automation at all levels, including API and data validation testing, integration and interface testing, and can start coding right away. We are looking for self-starters who can work autonomously, collaborate with team members to determine testing and quality needs, and be proactive in a fast-moving agile process.
QA is a full partner in the software development process. We work closely with development, architecture, and management as an integrated agile team. We have a great work environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration, plus an excellent benefits package, and much more. If you are looking for a work environment where you are an equal part of the team, then this is the place for you.
- Become an owner / subject matter expert in multiple functional areas of the product. This includes working with the QA Manager to develop the test plans and cases for each area.
- Develop, maintain, and execute manual and automated test cases using Gherkin.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, developers, and designers, for continuous improvement of product quality.
- Participate throughout the development release train in an agile environment that is striving for continuous integration/continuous release.
- Assists with metrics collection, analysis, and reporting.
- 5+ years of software QA experience, preferably with some exposure to enterprise SaaS products.
- Solid experience in scripting languages such as Java, Groovy, python, etc.
- Object oriented programming experience a plus.
- Basic SQL knowledge.
- 1+ years’ experience writing and executing automated tests with Selenium and Cucumber preferred. Katalon experience a plus.
- Ability to identify dependencies/risks during sprint planning/grooming.
- Strong experience writing test plans and test cases.
- Experience with bug tracking / workflow management tools (preferably JIRA).
- Experience with Agile Development Process.
- Good understanding of version control (preferably Git).
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player, with the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Must be able to stay focused and maintain quality standards in a fast-paced environment.
- Very detail oriented.
- Desire to live and work in Eugene, OR.
- Due to government contract requirements you must be a U.S. Citizen and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Candidates not living in the Eugene, Oregon area must be willing to relocate here
Inseego North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability or legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected classification under federal, state and local law.
Indeed Hire and Inseego are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- software QA: 5 years (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Required)
- writing and executing automated tests: 1 year (Required)
- Eugene, OR: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)