Researches, designs and develops, various types of HVAC equipment,
products and systems.
- Use design software to develop models and drawings.
- Generate conceptual and preliminary drawings to be used for development of product
- Identify solutions to improve production efficiency.
- Maintain existing engineering records and designs.
- Assess engineering designs and prototypes to determine issues or risks.
- Estimate cost impact for new designs.
- Develop testing prototypes.
- Coordinate with other engineers, management, and the creative departments to determine
- Communicates with the Product Engineering team to develop design standards.
- Communicates with manufacturers to gather necessary information about parts and
- Confers with engineering management to complete assigned projects.
- Provides bill of material by defining when, where, and why parts are used.
- Maintains and builds professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops, reviewing professional publications, or participating in professional societies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Travels, when necessary, for third party testing or product review at field test sites.
- Four-year Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering Technology degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years in the HVAC industry or equivalent experience in a similar
Essential Mental Functions:
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively in written and spoken form.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Exhibits good decision making and analytical problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrates strong multi-tasking capabilities and organizational skills.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Works effectively in a fast-paced high-pressure environment.
- Lift up to 50lbs.
- Sit or stand for up to 95 percent of work hours.
- Periodic visits to the manufacturing facility with seasonal hot and cold
temperatures, dust, and some chemical fume exposure.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at a time with or without notice. This job description
is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the
employee may be required to perform additional functions. The company reserves the right to
revise this job description at any time. The employee must be able to perform the essential
functions of the position satisfactorily. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, absent undue
I have read this job description (or had it read to me) and I fully understand all my job duties
and responsibilities. I am able to perform the duties and responsibilities as outlined, with or
without reasonable accommodation. I understand that my job duties and responsibilities may
change on a temporary or regular basis according to the needs of my location or department
and if so I will be required to perform such additional duties and responsibilities. If I have any
questions about job duties not specified on this description that I am asked to perform, I should
discuss them with my immediate supervisor or a member of the Human Resources staff.