With minimum guidance provides top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis. Ensures financial management workflow systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures, with focus on DoD Financial Management Systems (FMS).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades. Creates detailed design specifications for use by software development staff members. Interacts with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction. Responsible for developing high-level system design diagrams and for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
Education & Experience
8+ Years in the System Engineering Field
- Experience with PHP, Apache, MySQL, Java, C++, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated familiarity with workflow management systems (WMS) and/or Knowledge Management Systems (KMS)
- Ability to: create/modify document repositories; create/modify workflows states; create/modify workflow actions; create /modify custom dashboards
- Experience with object and data models to support application customization
- Bachelor's Degree of Information Systems, or other related technical discipline is required.
Experience with Knowledge Tree is desired.
Appropriate DoD 8570 IAT/IAM Level certification CompTIA Security + or (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, or higher), as well as technology-specific certifications such as well as technology-specific certifications such as Certified UNIX Security Administrator (GCUX), etc.
- Requires DoD Secret security clearance (candidate may start with Interim Secret)
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
Remote work may be acceptable.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability