Act as a Product Safety Engineer for TÜV SÜD America, inspect, test, and photograph products for conformity assessment using international and national regulations with deliverables to clients being Certificates, Test Reports, and/or Technical Reports as quoted.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Prepare reports and documentation of customer products to the appropriate standards.
- Actively work as part of the regional product safety team in preparation and hosting audits (internal/external).
- Generate revenue by billing engineering time to TÜV SÜD America customers, usually on a project basis (Constructional Review, Testing, Preliminary Evaluations and Certification activities).
- Collaborate with the Technical Support team in association with the Account Executive team, sharing the Product Safety engineering knowledge to internal and external customers
- Correspond, orally, and in writing, with Product Safety Agencies such as UL, CSA and VDE in respect to Product Design Approaches for Safety.
- Communicate in a courteous and effective manner with internal and external customers in all circumstances including providing technical feedback for quotes, answering questions, relaying messages and providing information regarding standards, test procedures, to bring product into compliance with requirements. Maintain confidentiality of customers, products tested and appropriate internal information.
- Keep abreast of present and future Product Safety requirements, test procedures, instrumentation, technology and TÜV SÜD America Engineering services and capabilities by internal training sessions, external seminars and reading of technical articles.
This job may be for you if:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years Product Safety experience
- Previous experience using consumer product safety standards; Medical Standards being a plus.
- Understanding and previous experience with ISO 17025, CRM and SAP platforms is to be preferred.
- Accurate, clear, and timely communicate of information, upward and lateral, including verbal, written and listening skills.
- Comfortable dealing with customers at all levels
- Ability to plan and organize giving attention to detail and follow-through.
- Reliable judgment that is consistent, adaptable to unusual situations, realistic, common sense approach to job and problems.
- Motivation, initiative, commitment, to self-improvement.
- Willingness to consider other’s ideas and to work with others.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, reach with hands and arms; always requires employee to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Position requires close vision.
- Ability and willingness to communicate frequently if required by telephone, fax and email and other communication tools to ensure that the organization’s business is completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level is moderate.
- Domestic, and some international, travel may be required.
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
- EEO is the Law Poster: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
- Pay Transparence Policy Statement: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Safety: 3 years (Required)
- CRM and/or SAP: 3 years (Required)
- laboratory: 3 years (Required)
- Consumer Product Safety Standards: 3 years (Required)
- ISO 17025: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance