The CNC Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient fabrication of CLT parent panels into child panels and other mass timber component fabrication. He/she reliably meets production schedules and targets, while producing precise products according to design and shop drawing requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain product flow and meets production schedule
- Follows CNC operational SOPs
- Maintains operational readiness and monitors machine for maintenance requirements
- Identify defects in panel or product before milling
- Downloads and reviews toolpaths and runs simulations prior to cutting as required
- Runs calibration checks as needed
- Maintain production information and Kanban status in Zoho
- Accurately labels child pieces from parent pieces
- Effectively communicates with supervisor, programmer and design team
- Measure dimensions of finished panels to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished panel dimensions, or numerical control sequences.
- Identify remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Removes trimmings and falloff during interruptions as needed to avoid machine damage.
- Keeps inside of CNC machine, tools, and overall system (tables, cable trays, etc.) clean
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience with CNC operations
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong math skills.
- Highly proficient with use of tape measures and other basic tools.
- Highly proficient with use of calipers and precision measuring equipment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Capable of lifting at least 50 pounds & being on feet for most of the day.
- Well organized, creative problem solver, and maintains a positive attitude.
- Capable of operating effectively during periods of high stress with aggressive deadlines.
- Self-motivated and capable of operating with minimal supervision.
- Reliable individual with an excellent time and attendance record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; technical degree preferred.