POSITION TITLE: CRANE SUPERVISOR
FLSA JOB STATUS: EXEMPT
POSITION SUMMARY: The Crane Supervisor (CS) Position will manage day-to-day monitoring, planned maintenance service and emergency breakdown trouble shooting and repair works to the cranes at the port terminal.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role may be responsible for a variety of the following areas and the daily duties may include:
- Ability to work in a shift system covering day, night, weekends and holiday duty and if required working overtime.
- Achieve maintenance human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; following the corresponding policies and procedures.
- Assign and reassign work as per emergencies and department priorities.
- Complete maintenance jobs in accordance with the highest standards of efficiency.
- Ensure and follow up accurate recorded histories in work order completions.
- Ensure housekeeping, productivity, and quality of work standards are maintained, most especially within Crane department.
- Ensure prompt repairs by responding to emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain schedule compliance and priority.
- Maintains function and reliability of the Crane department and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Make sure that maintenance jobs are in accordance with all corporate policies and legislated regulations.
- Meets maintenance financial standards by monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Minimize accidents of maintenance personnel through risk identification process.
- Promote communication as well as good relations between the operation and Crane departments.
- Review equipment history files with their individual hour meters.
- Review weekly maintenance schedule.
- Supply reporting to the maintenance coordinator on repair jobs including consumption of tools, materials, man hours and skills.
- The incumbent is expected to contribute to the improvement of existing methodologies, processes and measurements when executing duties on an ongoing basis.
- The incumbent is expected to ensure that daily activities contribute to the achievement of the required reefer production targets.
- All other assignments needed and related as directed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to work under pressure, anticipates potential problems and diagnoses, evaluate and resolve problems as they happen in order to meet production targets and avoid claims.
- Awareness and ability to work with constant care.
- Computer proficient with MS Office, Windows, IOS.
- Emergency response reaction in unsafe situation.
- Feeling of ownership for your own safety and your facility.
- Possess high level of safety awareness.
- Provide leadership and ensure cooperation and support from employees and contractors in all areas of reefer operations to achieve objectives of the business using a teamwork approach.
- Requires verbal and written communications skills in English and Spanish.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift/push/pull and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must have ability to climb, crouch, stoop, bend, and squat, frequently.
Must have ability to stand and walk constantly/continuously. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels around grain and other bulk products. Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
All employees are required to wear mask, have social distance and wash hands regularly. The selected candidate should have and present a recent negative molecular Covid Test.