Salus Discovery, LLC.
110 East Main Street Suites 815 & 820
Madison, WI 53703
Salus Discovery is seeking a full time, entry level Biomedical Engineer with experience and interest in bioassay development, diagnostics, and/or medical device design. Salus thrives on innovation. We are seeking an out-of-the-box thinker to drive innovation and support product development. Candidates must have a degree in Biomedical Engineering or similar (e.g. Mechanical Engineering with bio interests) with experience in wet bench experimentation, mechanical design and statistics. Must demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellent technical communication skills, and a proven ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Salus manages diverse projects with ample opportunities for multiple-disciplinary collaboration, innovation, and growth. Salus offers competitive compensation, health and dental insurance, and an employer-matched 401K.
- Strong communication (writings, presentations, daily verbal conversations and emails) and ability to work with others to foster a team atmosphere
- Basic interest and tendency toward problem solving
- Experience with CAD (preferably but not necessarily in SolidWorks) for mechanical design of components
- Demonstrated understanding of chemistry concepts such as pH, buffering, and first-order reaction/binding kinetics
- Ability to design and run experiments to test and evaluate design changes
- Knowledge of diffusion and fluid flow
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g., concepts of a normal distribution, application of t-tests, etc.)
- Basic understanding of biology (e.g., familiarity with concepts of DNA, RNA, protein, viruses, bacteria, cancer)
Additional Qualifications (experience in some or all of the below preferred)
- Experience with any software for computational modeling (e.g., COMSOL to model diffusion/heat-transfer, fluid-flow, solid mechanics, or chemical reactions)
- Experience/training in industrial engineering or the design of tools to meet user needs
- Experience with document/version control software/practices (e.g., GIT etc.)
- Experience in/knowledge in areas of biology such as infectious disease [e.g., bacteria, virus] and/or cancer
- Wet bench experience (e.g., aliquoting, pipetting, preparing reagents, general lab safety)
- Comfort with a programming or scripting language (e.g., R, Matlab, python)
- Additional skills/comfort with math (calculus, differential equations, etc.), statistics (non- parametric statistics, linear models, ROC curve analysis, etc.), or computation
Founded in 2013, Salus Discovery develops next generation bioassays. Salus Discovery’s initial focus has been on Exclusion-based Sample Preparation (ESP), which is a novel approach to isolating biomarkers, that is quicker, easier, and more economical than competing technologies. We launched our first product, EXTRACTMAN(TM), in collaboration with Gilson, Inc. in 2016. Salus Discovery is currently focused on the development of cutting-edge research tools and diagnostics for HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer. Located on the capitol square in the heart of Madison, Wisconsin, Salus Discovery is continuing to grow through partnerships with industry-leading companies.
Job Type: Full-time