This is an exciting and challenging position with the opportunity to interface with several FAA programs, be exposed to numerous National Airspace System (NAS) systems and be at the forefront of new concepts emerging for the FAA’s Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen).
Candidate will shape and implement research priorities for major FAA NextGen R&D laboratories. These labs are critical to the continued success of NextGen capabilities roll out to the NAS by providing test beds for integration, systems testing, and space to demonstrate early-stage NextGen concepts and technologies. Systems include ERAM, NEMS, ATOP, STARS, FMS, Virtual Tower, and others that are integrated via SWIM and exchange information with the latest exchange models: FIXM, AIXM, WXXM.
Candidate will directly support lab leadership by handling program management activities with the goal of growing the lab’s value to the FAA. Program management activities will include a combination of leadership tasks and technical tasks.
- Leadership responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate activities with stakeholders and team members (essential)
- Provide strategic planning & analysis support to lab leadership (essential)
- Prepare briefings and other project status materials (essential)
- Manage maintenance of test bed systems (essential)
- Developing and manage schedules (essential)
- Developing and manage financial projections (essential)
- Manage deliverables from inception to completion (essential)
- Promote the labs to potential future projects
- Convert technical constraints into programmatic requirements
- Technical responsibilities will include:
- Lead lab planning and integration activities of NAS automation systems (essential)
- Solve challenging problems in integration of the latest technologies (essential)
- Complete requirement analysis and new requirements development (essential)
- Provide recommendations and guidance to system architecture development activities (essential)
- Guide all technical activities to related to interoperability among platforms, labs and multiple geographies (essential)
- Ensure configuration management across all lab artifacts generated
- Implement / maintain data governance and security standards
Candidate will also act as Concept Beyonds’ lead liaison for research lab support programs. Functions may include business development, contract management, managing work assignments, and providing problem resolution.
- BS or higher in an engineering or technical field from a US accredited institution.
- 10+ years of experience in program/project management and leading teams (including risk management, financials, scheduling, etc.) with a background in technology.
- 5+ years of experience with system development, integration, administration, and conducting Research and Development
- 5+ years of experience in aviation and/or air traffic management, especially in NAS informational systems.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and communicating both programmatic and technical information.
Position Type: Full Time
Keywords: Program Manager, System Integration, Aviation, System Engineering, Air Traffic Management Systems, Project Management, FAA, NAS, NextGen, Test Bed, Laboratories, WJHTC
Job Type: Full-time
- FAA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Egg Harbor Township, NJ (Preferred)