At the forefront of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our standout skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support and focus and if you have the passion and work ethic to excel we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a commitment to success, proven interpersonal skills, a positive outlook? Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Are you looking for an important career?
You will be a highly motivated, accountable and driven individual that will be responsible for the successful execution of Central Electronics Packaging commitments to customers. Specific tasks include:
1. Execution accountability for electronics packaging tasks across a portfolio of customer areas including Commercial, Civil, Military, and classified. Planning and oversight of assigned design efforts (to include SLA (Service Level Agreement) creation and management) (e.g. SBIRS OPIR, GPS SV11+).
2. Scope of activities include all business phases:
Capture, IR&D/CRAD, NRE development, RE support, producibility improvements, troubleshooting, RCCA, and on-orbit support.
3. Manufacturing support responsibilities (e.g. work through eVRICs, Qnotes, engineering CT updates)
4. Chairing weekly team meeting to discuss technical issues, schedule issues etc.
5. Weekly status chart package and reporting to programs/PKG management
The candidate may also have Box Lead/POC responsibility for assigned boxes. Specific tasks include:
1. Create/update 3D solid models/drawings in CREO of space flight electronics assemblies, providing producible designs that meet technical, cost, and schedule requirements, and work within an Integrated Product Team environment.
2. Lead the design layout of printed wiring boards and circuit card assemblies – working with partner organizations to ensure design meets thermal, stress reliability, EMC, survivability and electrical requirements.
3. Prepare and release all applicable drawings and documentation needed for the fabrication and assembly of the hardware designed.
4. Lead trade studies on electronic packaging design approaches and provide technical data for informal and formal Design Review documentation and presentations.
5. Provide manufacturing and test support (trouble-shooting and dispositioning vendor, manufacturing and test problems as they arise), minimizing cycle time and resolving electronic packaging problems.
6. Establish specifications for contract assemblers and raw-material vendors.
7. You will work with Parts Engineering, Quality Assurance and Purchasing regarding material quality and vendor performance.
The candidate should be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate program priorities.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Sick and bereavement leave
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Knowledge of the electronics design/development, manufacturing, and test process for high-reliability space applications.
Knowledge of the manufacturing flow for spaceflight electronics (PWB, CCA, enclosures).
Proficient in the usage of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
Prior relevant project management experience.
Earned Value Management (EVM) and/or Control Account Management (CAM) experience
Knowledge of Commercial and Government contracting practices in an Aerospace environment.
RF/Avionics Packaging design and Manufacturing experience.
Proficient in the usage of LM Engineering Tools (SAP, VECAMs, EPDM)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.