- Computer literacy
- Microsoft Office
At Terumo Cardiovascular, we develop, manufacture and distribute medical devices for cardiac and vascular surgery with an emphasis on cardiopulmonary bypass, intra-operative monitoring and vascular grafting. This includes a full-line of perfusion products, endoscopic vessel harvesting products and surgical stabilization products.
Our mission is to work as a team to save one more life, today and every day. We do this by providing lifesaving technology to cardiac surgery teams around the world.
Terumo Cardiovascular Systems is looking for an entry level engineer to join its Production Development Engineering group. This group is in charge of all new manufacturing processes for their medical devices. The team focuses on the implementation of automation to reduce direct labor costs and improve quality. It works closely with Product Development in design for manufacturability and with Operations to ensure a smooth transition into production. Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Controls engineering skills preferred.
This position is responsible for investigating, planning, and implementing improvements in and/or additions to current products and manufacturing processes that directly affect safety, quality, regulatory compliance, and/or productivity.
1. In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
2. Plan and implement specified projects to be completed including organizing and leading projects of various departments, planning and scheduling, coordinating resources (personnel, materials, time, money, suppliers), preparing proper documentation, etc.
3. Participate in cause-identification and problem-resolution for various types of production or service-related issues.
4. Provide engineering input in the design, fabrication, development, installation, validation, and qualification of equipment/processes that may include feasibility studies and/or proper documentation for justification of project and training to ensure proper operation of the equipment.
5. Provide assistance for planning and implementation of projects to develop, install, and qualify new processes for manufacturing new products or improving existing products / processes.
6. Research and implement cost reduction projects.
7. May assist in maintaining plant-wide calibration system and drawing control/document control system.
8. Gather, track, and analyze production data for meetings, business plan, etc. (yields/output/efficiencies).
9. Plan work schedules, expenditures, attend meetings, and prepare monthly reports as required.
10. Perform other duties as assigned. (rev. 4/30/12)
Requires a four-year college degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline. Basic computer software skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
Terumo Cardiovascular is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and genetic information.