CGI is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, full-stack developer for a high-performing Agile team designing and building a modern, services-based web application for a large government agency. Our team is using a modern development stack including Angular, Java, SpringBoot, PostgreSQL, Docker, and various additional open-source technologies. You will have the opportunity help build and design an enterprise web application from the ground up which will be used by government agencies, states, and industry to comply with federal reporting requirements, and share and visualize data. Grow your web application development skills with in-depend technologies as part of an exciting, positive team that moves quickly and delivers quality software alongside a passionate customer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The ideal candidate for this position will be a creative and detail oriented web application developer who enjoys the challenge of learning new technologies, solving design challenges, and building high-quality software. The candidate will be responsible for helping to define and code the ongoing architecture and development of an emerging Angular/Java/Spring application. The candidate will be able to confidently code and organize the application using best-practices while helping to share their knowledge with the team and grow the teams' skills and understanding of robust Angular application.
The candidate will be responsible for participating in all phases of an Agile software development lifecycle, including application design, estimating development activities, authoring application code, participating in code reviews, and demonstrating the software.
The candidate should be familiar with RESTful web services and how to use them effectively to support a dynamic UI, as well as general best-practices for software development and the Agile team lifecycle. Additionally the candidate should be familiar with SQL and using database tools to design and support the back-end of a web application.
The candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Participating in daily team discussions and code collaboration to promote continuous progress
- Participating in client, industry, and end-user discussions to help provide technical viewpoint on the application.
- Participating in technical design sessions to create sustainable, high-performing features and providing accurate estimates and development timelines.
- Continuous improvement of existing development tools and technologies
- Authoring automated testing script for the application
- Augmenting and Improving system architecture
- General understand of database design and optimizing application access to backend data.
- Continuous direct interaction with clients and end-users to understand software needs and talk through architectural and technical design choices.
Demonstrated experience with Java development.
Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamic team environment on development tasks and continuously deliver quality code for team review and product owner demonstration.
Experience working with modern Java software development environment and tools such as Maven, Git, Tomcat, Eclipse, Bamboo, etc.
Understanding of RESTful service development.
Confident communication skills with both internal team members as well as customers.
Ability to quickly research, learn, and apply emerging technologies within the software development industry.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline.
Positive, can-do attitude, and desire to contribute in various means to team success
The following qualifications will strongly benefit a candidate:
- 1+ years of web application development
- 1+ years of using Spring Framework in Java applications
- Experience participating in an Agile development team
- Experience using Atlassian tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, SourceTree, etc.
- Consulting experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.