The Development Engineer I position is responsible for a broad range of duties, from initial concept to prototype sourcing and procurement, to initial builds and design validation testing. Once the project moves to the production phase, the Development Engineer will follow the project through PPAP and PV testing, as well as ongoing product development and warranty return support. The engineered systems may be (but are not limited to) transmission, engine, driveline, or other energy/ industrial platforms. The Development Engineer will monitor his/her work output through various tools that quantify performance to cost, timing, and quality metrics.
About Linamar/McLaren Engineering
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries and markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged employees. McLaren Engineering, the engineered products division of Linamar Corporation, is a company focused on the design, development and testing of advanced automotive driveline and powertrain systems.
- Support component and system design activities as needed.
- Support Bill of Material vendor selection and supplier development activities as required.
- Lead quoting exercises for engineering, development, and technical services.
- Prepare prototype build control plans, assembly manuals, fixtures and tooling.
- Own the design validation plan and report (DVP&R) from inception to completion.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations as required.
- Lead root cause analysis of failures both internally (DV/PV test)and externally (field warranty).
- Evaluate and translate customer requirements into project specifications and milestones.
- Participate in internal and external project team meetings.
- Understand and adhere to program timelines and APQP deliverables.
- Drive strict adherence to change management disciplines (change request/ engineering changes, version and rev control, release practices).
- Translate DFMEAs into DVP&R requirements.
- Drive closed –loop handling of all prototype build and test issues to ensure continuous improvement and prevent reoccurring failures.
- This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of this position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or Equivalent.
- 0 to 2 years of engineering experience
- Familiarity with powertrain / power transmission systems.
- Product component and assembly drawings.
Why Linamar/McLaren Engineering:
- Ability to work in industry standard solid modeling programs such as Pro-E, Unigraphics, Catia, Solidworks, IDEAs.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate within a group or team environment.
- Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of theoretical and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with challenging timelines, changing customer requirements, or multiple projects at once while maintaining focus, drive, passion for the teams’ goals.
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Tuition Assistance
- Great benefits and competitive pay
- Time off
Linamar Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and encouragesdiversity in the workplace without regard to any basis protected by applicablefederal, state or local law. Linamar Corporation encourages applications fromall qualified individuals and will reasonably accommodate applicants throughoutall stages of the recruitment and selection process upon request.