$14 an hour
Polish Operator (Industrial) Full time $13.50 to $14.00 hr. 1st shift
The primary role for this position is to operate equipment, tend machines, and maintain production line functions to ensure continuous and efficient line operation. Duties will include basic slab inspection, reporting paperwork, housekeeping duties and any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work shift-work and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Minimum High School Diploma or GED
· 1 Year of experience as a Machine Operator in a Manufacturing/Industrial Plant
· Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations manual, and written directions.
· Must be able to write reports as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to work independently as well as work in team environment
· Proficiency in reading and writing
· Ability to establish and maintain effective communication
· Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
· Ability to establish priorities
· Ability to wear PPE (Eye Protection, Hearing Protection and Steel Toe Shoes)
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
· Maintain a safe work environment as outlined by policies and procedures.
· Maintain a clean working environment (Ensure area of operation is free of dust, debris, waste and trash).
· Understand and follow plant safety rules and machine operation. Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where and when required.
· Operates and monitor more than one polish machine, as required by procedures.
· Conduct service tests and make the necessary adjustments prior to running and operating machines, according to the required slab dimensions.
· Set and adjust machine controls according to product specifications and slab dimensions, using knowledge of machine operation.
· Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish slabs.
· Responsible for properly briefing oncoming shift and debriefing at the end of shift: to include verbally reporting to the team leader pertinent information regarding calibration, problems encountered, and how these were resolved, etc.
· Responsible for inspecting each part of the machine, testing different parts before using the equipment, and checking if items produced pass quality control test.
· Responsible for tracking the production process and performing thickness checks, curvature checks, etc. for maintaining quality requirements in accordance with standards.
· Responsible for accurately completing and updating information forms and logs such as Machine Report, Quality Report, and Downtime Report.
· Responsible for maintaining an open line of communication to assure all problems and changes are communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
· Maintain a clean work area including: Ensuring that area of operation is free of dust, debris, waste and trash.
· Assist Engineer Maintenance Department on Service Days.
· Participate in cleaning procedures along the polish line (Clean, polish, sweep, and dispose of dust and waste products).
· Assists in the training of new Polish Operators, as requested.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending required meetings and engaging in provided training.
· Assist co-workers on the Production Team as needed and as able.
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Employees frequently work under extreme heat or cold weather conditions, near moving mechanical parts, and in high and/or precarious places, and are exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. Employees occasionally work in confined spaces and are exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level is frequently loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.50 to $14.00 /hour