Progeny has an opening for a Test Engineer in Middletown RI. The selected candidate will join a highly talented team responsible for developing the state of the art Payload Control System for both the US and Australian Submarine Navies. The team is responsible for the test, evaluation, and design verification of the system under development. Additionally the team ensures functional and technical specifications and standards are met, as well as investigate software/hardware interface problems. Responsibilities include developing/modifying test plans, test procedures, and test reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze current requirements documentation to develop methods and descriptions for validating requirements through test and other means
- Assist in the development of new test engineering documentation such as test planning documents, test procedures and test reports
- Participate in various technical and program meetings on a weekly basis
- Conduct Informal and Formal Tests as required to validate all planned testable requirements
- Communicate project/program issues to management, as necessary
- Install and checkout PCS hardware and software as well as provide test and troubleshooting support at other testing sites and submarine locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of AN/BYG-1 & Weapons Launch Consoles is desired
- Navy experience as a Fire Control Technician or similar is desired
5 years of Submarine Combat Control Weapon System experience or B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering is required.
This position requires the applicant to hold an active DoD Clearance.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)