CNC Swiss style Screw Machine Programmer/Setup Machinist
Salco Inc. a precision CNC machine shop in Arvada CO, is looking for a qualified and self-motivated programmer and setup person for our Swiss Screw machine department. Candidate must be dependable, willing and motivated to work 6:00 am - 2:30 pm Monday thru Friday.
Top candidates will have a minimum of 5 years programming and setup experience with multi-axis screw machines, Star machines with Fanuc controls and/or DMG Mori Sprint experience is a plus. PartMaker experience also a plus. Have personal basic inspection and hand tools.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience programming/set-up of CNC Swiss type screw machines.
- Ability and willingness to program a basic part at the machine and make edits and adjustments accurately and quickly.
- Basic understanding of cutting tools and identification of wear or breakage.
- Thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) principals, print reading and mathematics.
- Proficient with micrometers, calipers, test indicators, travel indicators and optical comparators.
- Ability to work independently and stay on task with little or no supervision.
- Check parts for quality and ensure that they conform to both engineer drawings and written detail requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and coworkers.
- Quality driven and detail-oriented individual with a strong work ethic.
- Team attitude willing to help the growth of other employees.
- Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma experience a plus.
We are willing to provide training as necessary for candidates that have extensive knowledge of lathe and mill programming and machining, understanding of tool design and applications. Comprehensive and competitive compensation package will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Programming: 1 year (Preferred)