Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for a structural engineer to join our Investigative Engineering Group in the Lakewood, Colorado office. This structural engineer will work for multiple project managers on various project types within the investigative team. The position will focus on the fall protection/façade access market but will include opportunities to gain experience in concrete repair and restoration, building envelope, forensic analysis, seismic retrofit, repair and remodel work.
A typical work week can include field investigations, non-destructive testing, analysis, development of reports and repair details, and site visits during construction. Projects are typically in the Rocky Mountain Region but can sometimes take us nationally, offering the opportunity to travel. The position allows for interactions with property/facility managers, building owners, and contractors early in your career along with opportunities for marketing activities.
We operate in a fast-paced environment and strive to support a culture that is collaborative, innovative, and creative. Each project presents unique challenges and opportunities to learn and grow as an engineer. The successful candidate will develop expertise in a broad range of investigative engineering.
Martin/Martin, Inc. allows hybrid remote work flexibility. We are located at the western end of the Denver Metro Area, minutes from hiking and biking and an hour from the closest skiing.
Martin/Martin, Inc. is a full-service civil and structural engineering and surveying firm, operating from Colorado since the 1940s. Growing steadily over the last decade, Martin/Martin is about exciting projects, shared ownership, informed staff and a commitment to quality that keeps clients returning to us time after time. Our services are provided to municipalities, public, and private redevelopment entities, architects, homebuilders, state and federal agencies, land developers and special districts in Colorado, across the United States, and in other countries.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Coverage
- Extended Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan Company Match and Profit Sharing (when appropriate)
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Continuing Education
- Hybrid Work Enviroment
- Extensive Employee Events (outings, picnics, golf, and ski days)
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Internal Continuing Education and Training
- On-Site Workout Facilities
- Community Involvement (Martin/Martin Gives Back Program)
- PE License Reimbursement
- Paid Tuition Reimbursement for Graduate Degrees
- Working on the Best Projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural, Architectural or Civil Engineering
- EIT certification or currently registered as a Professional Engineer in Colorado
- 2 years of progressive structural engineering experience
- Good knowledge of building and design codes
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently for extended periods of time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- 3-6 years of progressive structural engineering experience
- Master’s degree in Architectural or Civil Engineering
- Experience using Autodesk Revit to produce building construction documents
- Demonstrated ability to design, detail, coordinate, and model projects
- Experience in analyzing structures using SAP, ETABS, or RAM Completed several repair or renovation projects
Qualified applicants MUST fill out a job application on Martin/Martin's website page here: martinmartin.com/apply
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.
Martin/Martin, Inc. is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place