Provides mechanical/system engineering support for manufacturing of office and consumer products; remanufacturing/refurbishing of office and consumer products.
- Train less experienced engineers for department processes
- Develop complex test plans for multiple parts stack ups or to identify root cause for investigations.
- Advise on process and product changes. Provides guidance for manufacturing.
- May lead supplier or part quality improvement activity.
- Lead supplier technical communication. Develops project schedule with other departments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical parts, assemblies, manufacturing methods, design concept and functionally. Develop VE ideas. Independently support business teams.
- Issue/update mechanical part/product/assy drawings with proper dimensioning, tolerance and specifications. Create product and subassembly bill of materials.
- Utilizes drawings, specifications and supporting documentation when evaluating mechanical parts/products/process.
- Investigates manufacturing problems with mechanical parts and systems.
- Defective part evaluation by analyzing facts, testing hypotheses, to identify root cause conclusion.
- Develop test plans for evaluation of mechanical parts based on part function.
- Collect and/or organize data, produce analysis for decision making.
- Writes technical reports to document investigation and results. Present findings to management.
- Evaluate new production parts to complete tool approval. Use Oracle to issue product change notices.
- Able to research and communicate part change history and impact to product.
- Research and propose potential new suppliers for mechanical parts.
- Participate in customer/supplier technical communication
- Initiate PE actions from team participation. Develops/manages schedule and action item list.
- Ensures milestone dates for dates are met.
- May attend seminars and project training and travel to provide supplier support concerning quality and product issues.
- May be assigned additional duties and/or special projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 2-5 years’ experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Fluent with CAD applications.
- Able to operate independently on a task basis.
- Basic knowledge of project management.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP) recommended. QC/QA experience desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- May have to work overtime and may be assigned to other shifts based on company needs.
About our Company - Canon Virginia, Inc. located in Newport News, Virginia is a global manufacturer for Canon’s office and consumer products. Our innovative and efficient production methods along with our environmental commitment make us a leading global manufacturer. Since opening our doors in 1985, Canon Virginia has provided world class manufacturing services. It is the policy of Canon Virginia, Inc. (CVI) to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or physical/mental disability except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy relates to all phases of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits administration and participation in company sponsored employee activities. This includes hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, layoffs, recall, training and terminations. Employment practices will conform to all federal, state and local laws on non-discrimination. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm