Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
This posting is for an Experienced Design Mechanical Engineer in the Technical Service and Design , Polymers Technology Division at Eastman Chemical Company located in Kingsport, TN.
The Design Mechanical Engineer will perform Injection Mold Engineering work for the following:
- Drawing Print Review for Injection Molds
- Finite Elemental Analysis,
- Mold Flow,
- Structure Analysis,
- Shrink and Warpage Analysis
- Plastic Part Failure Analysis
- Written and Oral Communicaton to Internal and External customers
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required
- Professional Engineering License Preferred
- Experience with Engineering Thermoplastics
- Experience with Solid Works, Pro E and Mold Flow Desired
- Familiaratiy with Polyester Thermoplastics preferred
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work in a team enviroment
- 5+ years experience in thermoplastic and Engineering Design
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.