You are an Operations Engineer who is passionate about mastering new technologies and striving for excellence. Determined to solve problems as you will help build, automate, and maintain our production environments. We need someone motivated to adapt with the rate of innovation in public cloud and embraces it as a fundamental part of our business. Striving to continuously improve and advance your ideas to build better software while utilizing the latest operational best practices, in a fast-growing and highly collaborative team environment.
We are a high-performing cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and designers. We are passionate about delivering elegant solutions to complex business problems, and we have a proven track record of delivering successful applications that delight our customers. We honor hard work and dedication but we have no room for heroes. Our team works together to ensure our applications perform well, are cost effective, and remain secure. We need you to help us continue to grow.
What we want you to do:
You will be a part of our SaaS Operations team that works closely with our software engineers to deliver impactful and valuable features every sprint. Responsible for supporting our engineers with fault tolerant, high performing, scalable, and cost effective infrastructure and tools to collectively deliver high-quality solutions for our customers. You will use code and public cloud services or functions to automate tasks and solve recurring issues while holding regard for cost management in cloud services; It's the core of our business and is essential to govern our own expenses.
- Experience with supporting software engineers and troubleshooting complex environments
- Knowledge of Linux, shell scripting and networking concepts
- Familiar with systems automation using software like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Capable of participating in technical conversations and decisions while documenting the results
- Willing to be on call on a rotational basis
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for designing simple, elegant software while avoiding unnecessary complexity
- Experience with RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, or related Linux distribution
- Experience with cloud technologies in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with AWS Services, including EC2, ELB/ALB, ECS, EKS, Lambda, S3, and CloudFront.
- Experience with software packaging and deployment (CI/CD), preferably using Jenkins and Kubernetes
- Experience developing Software as a Service (SaaS) applications and understanding the impact of this architecture in a deployment environment
- Experience with best SDLC practices: coding standards, reviews, code management, build processes, and testing
- Experience with relational databases (NoSQL) and database implementations (query optimization, index generation, caching)
- Network Administration with a focus on DNS Availability, VPC Management, and VPN Administration
- B.S. in Computer Science, Cloud certifications and 24x7 support experience, or equivalent experience
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio's software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com ( http://www.apptio.com/ ).
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.