New Albany, OH
EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The position falls within the Protection and Controls Department of the organization. The engineer will complete protection and control projects that support our customer. They will work with in-house and client engineers and designers. They will provide, coordinate, and conduct training to lower level engineers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on green-field and brown-field (retrofit) Protection and Control Projects in substations
- Set relays and conduct relay setting calculations utilizing ASPEN, AcSELerator 5010 (SEL), and GE URPC Software
- Design settings in appropriate format then issue to assigned Protection and Controls Supervisor using IPS
- Mark-up and review protection schematics and elementaries
- Utilize MOB Port to review equipment and materials established by substation engineers for Protection Designers
- Work with the following equipment: transformers, circuit breakers, buses, reactors, line disconnects, protective relays systems (SEL, ABB, etc.), and SCADA systems
- Function as a project lead for protection and control projects
- Perform all engineering and design activities with minimum direction
- Lead, facilitate, and coordinate work activities of others within the work group, team, department, or those external to complete substation projects
- Provide training and guidance to lower level employees
- Identify and initiate corrective action when substation project objectives are not being met
- Interpret codes and regulations and develop standards for construction projects
- Promote engineering professionalism and standards
- Develop, recommend, and implement plans by establishing goals, objectives, and requirements that include all scheduling, resources, and cont information for complex engineering
- Position requires 10-15% travel to field substations
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.