Under the direct supervision of a Licensed Professional Engineer, prepares and designs detailed construction drawings as well as related maps/exhibits used in planning and construction of civil engineering projects using computer aided design/drafting software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excels working in a team environment to produce engineering plans and documents meeting the project goals and objectives.
- Successfully completes assigned design tasks based on direction given.
- Identifies potential conflicts, issues or other problems and develops solution recommendations to present to Project Manager.
- Thoroughly monitors and reviews own work for accuracy and completeness.
- Follows standard procedure for quality assurance, such as standardized checklists, for each document.
- Works quickly and efficiently to maintain production goals and complete assignments on time.
- Strives to continue learning new technologies and methods associated with current design trends.
Minimum Experience/Skill Requirements:
- Proficient in specialized civil design applications for AutoCAD and/or MicroStation software.
- Proficient in other widely used computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Office).
- Basic knowledge of computer file directories and use.
- Knowledge of standard civil construction plans, details and related documents.
- Fundamental understanding of a variety of basic civil engineering principles and design procedures including but not limited to: drainage, pipe hydraulics, storm water detention, roadway and pavement layout and grading, earthwork computations, water and wastewater systems, storm water pollution prevention, etc.
- Able to assist in the preparation of construction quantity and cost estimates.
- Able to prepare instructions for field construction staking of designs.
- Able to write basic reports and correspondence.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a CAD Technician (or equivalent).
- High School graduate or GED
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Drafting: 2 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fort Worth, TX 76109 (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19