WisEngineering is currently interviewing candidates for a potential upcoming opportunity. Candidate would be an employee of WisEngineering. Start Date TBD (Jan/Feb 2020)
Robotics Engineer (Mid/Sr)
The Robotics Engineers shall research, develop, design, and build mechanical devices, robotics systems, and applications that are implemented to perform a variety of tasks with an understanding of electrical / mechanical engineering efforts, hardware design, development and maintenance.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsible for the research, design and development of robotics, mechatronic systems, selection and integration of software and hardware for prototype robotic systems. Understand and implement troubleshooting of prototype designs to determine potential risks, failure modes, and corrective actions.
BS / MS with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience – Engineering field with emphasis on robotics design, operation and maintenance or similar relevant mechanical engineering degree and experience.
Required Skill sets/Experience:
Preferred Additional Skill sets:
- Minimum of eight (8) years working experience as a Robotics Engineer
- C++/Python in a Linux environment
- Experience with robotics simulators and frameworks (e.g. Robot Operating System, OROCOS)
- Development experience in MOVEit, OMPL, Gazebo or V-REP
- Experience with industrial robots (e.g. ABB, KUKA, FUNUC, Motoman, etc)
- Experience with distributed systems architecture, data arbitration, DDS
- Knowledge in rigid transforms, invers/forward kinematics, motion control, motion planning and trajectory generation
- Working knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink and Real-Time Simulation toolboxes to interface to various hardware components
- Toolboxes include: Control System Toolbox, DSP System Toolbox, Data Acquisition Toolbox, Image Acquisition Toolbox, Image Processing Toolbox, Stateflow
- Experience specifying, installing, and controlling electromechanical motion systems (e.g. gimbals, motion tables, linear stages, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of controls theory, aerodynamics, coordinate systems, rigid body dynamics
- Knowledge of networking and communication protocols (e.g. TCP/UDP, SPI, CANopen, EtherCAT, etc.)
- Experience working with data acquisition systems (DAQs)
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Understanding of electrical / mechanical engineering
- Experience with weapon support systems or other dynamic support systems
- Ability to identify design elements that may not meet requirements and then formulate alternatives to improve system performance.
- Ability to perform and route engineering evaluation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and request for Variations (RFVs), support Configuration control board activities.
- Familiarity with the development, integration, and demonstration weapon systems
- Candidate must be U. S. Citizen and eligible for Department of Defense Security Clearance (Secret).
- Must be able to travel extensively (Up to 50% of time), may include overseas travel
“As a member of Team WisE you will have the opportunity to hone your skills and be part of an endeavor whose mission is enhancing the safety and security of our nation.”
WisEngineering features competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and an excellent career-building atmosphere. We work on a wide range of projects that are sure to capture your passion while providing the challenge of developing cutting-edge technologies. As a member of our team, we will provide on-the-job training and a smooth transition into your new position.
WisEngineering is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.