The Design Engineer II is responsible for the design and product life cycle of all batteries and company products.
1. Responsible for all mechanical aspects of battery design including product planning, project tracking, design documentation, product development, component tooling including injection molds, component testing and design validation.
2. Communicate with customers, customer service, and marketing to determine customer requirements.
3. Manage Product Development Request procedures in accordance with IATF standards.
4. Conduct cross functional product design review meeting.
5. Identify product improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
6. Create and maintain product assembly drawings, component drawings, packaging drawings & bills of material via Engineering Change Order system.
7. Manage outsourced component tooling design including injection molds, screw machine tooling, metal stamping, etc.
8. Work with quality, manufacturing, and materials to develop manufacturable battery and component designs.
9. Review and approve Engineering Change Requests and First Article Reports.
10. Perform failure analysis on in-process losses and field returns.
1. Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
2. Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
3. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Complete knowledge of products and their applications.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing workflow, including planning activities
3. Understand basic electrical and mechanical engineering principles.
4. Working knowledge of plastics injection-mold tooling and plastics processes.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Strong computer skills including 3D Solid Modeling, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
7. Self-motivation and ability to work without close supervision.
8. Must be detail oriented and organized.
9. Must be able to work with customers to define and document requirements, address technical concerns and provide project status.
10. Ability to make technical presentations internally and to customers.
11. Knowledge of welding and plastic joining technologies desirable.
12 Working knowledge of Finite Element Analysis principles preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Quality or other relevant discipline.
2. 5 years relevant Design Engineering experience is required.
3. IATF experience preferred.
1. Ability to wear half-mask respirator and safety glasses.
2. Exposure to factory elements such as noise, dust, odors, and fumes.
3. Visual acuity to read computer screen and reports.
4. Manual dexterity to utilize computer keyboard.
5. Mobility to move throughout the production shop floor.
6. Communication skills to converse via telephone and video conferencing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment work authorization?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off