McGuire Sponsel's Research & Development Tax Credit practice is growing quickly and in need of an R&D Tax Consultant for their metro Atlanta, Georgia (Marietta) office. In this consultant role, you will conduct Research & Development Tax Credit studies for our clients by combining an understanding of tax law with engineering disciplines. You will be engaged in projects from start to finish, which includes meeting with clients, analyzing complex data, and preparing client reports. The position requires excellent written/verbal communication skills, confidence/professionalism to speak with high-level executives, project management skills, and the ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere. This opportunity provides the right professional with immediate client responsibilities and opportunities for future advancement and is an excellent career opportunity for candidates that may be looking to differentiate themselves from the typical career path.
McGuire Sponsel is a highly specialized practice group that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. We partner with CPAs to provide businesses cost segregation & fixed asset studies, financing & economic incentive services, IC-DISCs, nonprofit advisory solutions, and research and development tax credit studies. The value that we bring to our clients is unique and is a combination of several areas of study.
- Review and analyze all available financial data for each respective project.
- Prepare client tax credit calculations and data analysis through use of Microsoft Excel.
- Prepare written technical narratives related to each project’s findings.
- Conduct site visits at client locations to document and consult regarding the nature and use of research and development resources.
- Client relationship management.
- Bachelor's degree with concentrations in accounting, engineering, or related fields.
- No prior experience with tax credits is necessary.
- 1 – 3 years of accounting or engineering experience is desirable.
- Recent college graduate applications will be accepted and considered.
- Knowledge of engineering is helpful, but not required.
- Consultative mindset; strong interpersonal skills; excels in client situations.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel.
- Local & nationwide travel required (up to 30%).
We will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position. A background check will be required for employment in this position. Blue & Co./McGuire Sponsel is an EOE/AA employer. M/F/D/V. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please. Agency candidates will not be considered for this position.