We're looking for a great, well-rounded .NET developer to add to our small but awesome development team in Henderson, Nevada.
Questions for You
Do you want to produce robust designs and clean code?
- That's what we want!
- Desire and attitude count a lot here.
- The ideal candidate will always be striving for perfection while accepting that they'll never reach it.
Are you (potentially) a great coder?
- Attitude may be key, but you've got to have some coding chops to back it up. If you're not all the way there, we can help.
- We're a small company - full stack development is the name of the game.
- We use ASP.NET MVC and WPF (MVVM) as well as other frameworks and design patterns as needed
Do you work well with others?
- We want someone who's both humble enough to accept feedback and confident enough to push our team toward greatness.
Are you flexible?
- Deadlines get tight. Can you set aside your perfectionism to ensure the product ships?
- SQL DBA (performance tuning, scaling, dealing with TBs of data, etc.)
- Azure DevOps - our Git repos, project management, and build and release pipelines are all done through DevOps
- Microsoft Azure - we host our websites, some databases, and various other kinds of technical infrastructure on Azure
- SEM (search engine marketing)
- SEO (search engine optimization)
About Red Dog Media, Inc.
Red Dog Media was founded in 2007 by a couple of pretty sharp brothers. They bootstrapped the company, funding it with their own money, and have been profitable basically from the start, carving out a small niche in the big, big world of Internet marketing, mainly focused on pay per click (PPC) advertising. While the company has chosen to stay relatively small (32 employees), it's definitely not a struggling startup.
Some of the things we bring to the table:
- Gourmet, Chef-Prepared Food - We have a legit, professionally trained chef that makes us breakfast and cooks a gourmet lunch for us every day. Here's a sample lunch menu:
- M: Meatloaf burgers (our chef's own creation and an employee favorite), roasted potato and sweet potato wedges, grilled carrots
- Tu: Flat iron steak, grilled salmon, quinoa, grilled veggies
- W: Chicken and shrimp shawarma, grilled broccoli
- Th: Pork loin stuffed with feta cheese, lentil dahl, rice
- F: Prime rib, baked potato, cheesy broccoli
- Flexibility - Set your own hours. Want to come in at 11? Not a problem (might even be a slight positive since it'd help with dev coverage later in the day). Need to run an errand? Go to your kid's elementary school program? Not a problem.
- Flexible Vacation - As long as you come in and get your job done, we're not going to care how much vacation you take. We decided that we trust our employees and that keeping track of time off was a pain for everyone, so just take what you need.
- Other Food and Drinks - In addition to the chef-cooked lunches, we stock the fridges and cupboards with whatever else you want. Currently that means fresh fruit, yogurt, nuts, etc.
- Small Company Atmosphere - Not a lot of process overhead (no TPS reports). Lots of leeway on how to accomplish your tasks. Own your projects. We keep project management simple using Azure DevOps Boards. Wear your basketball shorts to work if you want (I do). We work hard and are very successful at what we do, but have a great work/life balance.
- Great Office - Private offices for developers with a grotto full of plants, rocks, and waterfalls outside your window. Huge and quiet office space - tons of big windows and lots of natural light. Dedicated gym area with a bunch of weights and machines. Hangout area with TV, ping pong, pool table, and cornhole. Easy access from I-215 and Green Valley Parkway in The District at Green Valley Ranch.
- Matching 401k - Get a dollar for dollar company match when you invest up to 5% (for a 10% overall investment) - 100% vested immediately - no having to wait years for the company match to vest.
- Group Health Insurance
- Whatever Hardware/Software Tools You Need- We don't skimp on giving our devs what they need to get the job done:
- Brand new computer - we usually get top-end, quiet-running desktops in the $3k+ range, but it's your call
- Two 30" monitors (Or three if you want another. Or some of our devs like 27". Up to you.)
- A nice chair - something like an Aeron or Mirra 2 by Herman Miller
- Wireless headphones
- And whatever else hardware/software-wise you feel like you need'
'Work Remotely * No
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Employees working in our office are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. We also continue to follow all current CDC guidance regarding protocols and safety measures.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Henderson, NV 89012: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- ASP.NET / ASP.NET MVC: 1 year (Preferred)
- C#: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location