Project technical lead responsible for development of high quality surgical robotics products which satisfy the customers' needs, regulatory requirements, and corporate objectives.
- Technical lead and project management
- Provide expert knowledge of mechanical design, technical requirements and design & development
- Conduct technical feasibility studies and manage business feasibility activities, presenting results to senior management with proposed business direction
- Provide direction and technical leadership from product concept through release to manufacturing
- Lead all design development technical activities to ensure all established project technical specifications are met and products are of high quality and readily manufacturable
- Lead the team through new product development activities, delivering the outputs of the design control procedure (including requirements creation, risk analyses, design tradeoff discussions, phase reviews)
- Provide period updates to middle and senior management on project status
- Other duties as assigned
- Support existing released product activities and growth projects by ensuring they are
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities
of other personnel as a Team Lead
- Review and approve regulatory compliance documentation that impact or relate to
mechanical design such as DCRs and risk analyses
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide wide-ranging knowledge of mechanical analysis, technical requirements, and design & development.
- Apply creativity and ingenuity to design an innovative system that can be delivered within program constraints.
- Ensure that mechanical designs are correct, efficient, safe, robust, and ready for regulatory review.
- Work with program managers, and other senior technical staff, to ensure that mechanical and/or systems requirements are clearly articulated.
- Oversee the design/implementation of mechanical systems/subsystems from concept phase through design transfer I product launch.
- Provide technical leadership for several technical staff responsible for mechanical design.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive mechanical development experience, from concept to production.
- Product development experience in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Experience implementing medical or other safety-critical products.
- Proven ability to create and deliver products and subsystems that consider mechanical performance aspects as well as device interaction with mechanical components and systems
- Hands-on experience fabrication experience.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- 6 years with a MS degree
- PhD with 3 years' experience; or equivalent experience.