New year, new career. Come join our high-performance, growing team. In this role you will have a national presence and can influence projects across the country. Our firm focuses on reducing energy use and carbon emissions in the built environment. Your role will take you from rooftops testing solar arrays, to training of operators of world-class HVAC equipment, to assessing existing buildings for potential energy savings.
Sparhawk Group, an energy engineering firm based in Yarmouth, ME, with offices in Boston, MA, and New York, NY, is seeking an entry-level Engineer 1 with 0-2 years of progressive experience to join our growing team. This position requires short notice travel of up to 50%. 25% local travel by day-driving and up to 25% over night travel of 1-3 nights duration.
The balance of office and site work provides a culture of rapid learning, the reward of physically observing projects from inception to completion, and the exposure to a wide variety of systems and construction techniques.
Self-motivation, self-management and excellent written and verbal communications along with a team personality to lead project success are key attributes for the position. We have a culture of continuous learning, goals of training/certification and cross training on core services that develop a rounded expertise in our staff.
*The responsibilities and skills this position entails include:
- New building commissioning
- Existing building retrocommissioning
- Solar PV and Solar Thermal commissioning and retrocommissioning
- ASHRAE Level I, II and III energy audits
- Energy savings and financial calculations
- Project cost estimating
- Mechanical design of HVAC systems
- AutoCAD, eQuest, TREAT, Excel, Wright-Suite
- Other tasks will be assigned as needed
* Recommended qualifications and experience are:
- Energy auditing
- Hands-on HVAC controls work
- Building operations experience
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering/Marine Engineering/MET/EET or A.S. Degree in HVAC/Controls
- Engineer-in-Training preferred, but not required
- Building energy performance modeling
- Experience working with federal, state, and utility incentive programs
*Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off