Newport News Shipbuilding Information Technology (IT) is seeking an iDS (Integrated Digital Systems) IT Software Engineer with a that has functional knowledge of Siemens toolsets TeamCenter Unified (TcU)/NX. We are looking for a Software Engineer experienced in TcU (Eclipse, Java) and NX (Microsoft Visual Studio, C++, Visual Basic (VB)) and who is interested in designing and building information systems to support construction of some of the largest and most complex products in the world.
Our Software Engineers build and maintain systems that process information across Engineering, Planning, Operations and Manufacturing. We are the sole designer and builder of U.S. Navy Aircraft Carriers and one of two providers of U.S. Navy Submarines. We are an extremely diverse organization with a talented and dedicated team of programmers, engineers, architects and administrators working together to support our ever changing technical landscape.
Come join our highly qualified and innovative and diverse team of professionals and play a critical role in the construction and overhaul of nuclear powered aircraft carriers and submarines.
You will play an important role in the design of the Columbia-class fast attack submarines as you:
- Research, identify, develop and deliver innovative software solutions using TcU (Eclipse, Java) and NX (Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ and VB) in response to broad and complex customer enhancements and software/system upgrades
- Make a meaningful contribution to the overall planning of projects, sharing your expertise and perspective by recommending approaches, identifying resources, and developing estimates
- Leverage SDLC experience as you anticipate changes required in project plans and processes.
- Exercise superior communication skills to relay issues and socialize solutions
- Consistently exceed customer expectations for schedule and budget as a show of commitment to their unique needs
- Share in the collective effort of an agile team as you support the management of project scope, planning, and organization
- Nurture collaborative working relationships with customers and project team members to ensure project success
Our IT team members interface with the most powerful systems in the world: SAP, SharePoint, JDA Component Supplier Management System, Hyperion, etc. and work with the most advanced data base engines in the world: SQL Server and ORACLE. And, we support engineering organizations of all disciplines (Mechanical, Metallurgical, Electrical, Radiological, Civil, etc.), craftsmen of all types (Electricians, Welders, Fitters, Fabricators, Machinists, etc.) and critical support organizations (Communications, Payroll, Clinic, Quality, Security, Supply Chain, etc.). The depth and breadth of Newport News Shipbuilding is vast and the opportunities for technical growth immense - join our team and jumpstart your career.
If you envision yourself participate in grooming sessions where you are developing software in partnership with our business partners and vendors; leveraging your creativity to architect and design innovative solutions; and working collaboratively with a diverse group of project managers, systems engineers, software developers, solution architects, technical subject matter experts, and system users to deliver solutions and business value; then join our team and be at the technological forefront of our nation’s defense.
Design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software. Set operational specifications, and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software.
PLM & Application
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience. Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience. Ph.D. and 0 years of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience developing using TcU (Eclipse, Java) and NX (Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ and VB)
- In-depth understanding of Siemens Toolset, including Teamcenter Unified and/or NX, 4GD, NGP experience
- Experience with SAP and TcU integration
- Experience developing software using coding standards and using software auditing tools such as Resharper
- Experience with Data and security model, workflow configuration/customizations, and Checkmate logic
- Demonstrated IT systems architecture / design experience and knowledge and use of each stage of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrated performance under conflicting/changing direction/priorities
- Demonstrated written/oral communication and teaming skills
- Functional knowledge of NNS or related engineering and/or planning processes a plus
- Ability to execute with minimal requirement details or projects requiring a great deal of discovery a plus
- Demonstrated proactive execution of IT implementations and successful Scrum methodology implementation experience
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 40,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.