Fluent Engineering is a full service MEP consulting firm that believes it is responsible for improving how energy is used, whether that is by creating innovative efficiency methods, implementing proper safety measures, or by exploring alternative production. Fluent Engineering is a firm committed to helping clients constantly improve their operations. Our Salem office offers beautiful serene surroundings in a modern building utilizing energy efficient technology and easy access for commuting.
We were formed in 2008 to achieve three goals which are the pillars of our firm:
1) Enhance the communities we serve (Stewardship)
2) Elevate our profession by applying our proprietary engineering method for the success of our clients (Through)
3) Provide a nourishing work environment for our employees so they can be creative and innovative to best serve our clients’ needs (Design)
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer with a minimum of five years of experience in electrical design to be a member of our team. The qualified candidate will bring strong communication skills, a thirst for technology, and an understanding of practical engineering solutions.
- Complete design of electrical systems throughout the life of a project (Schematic Development, Design Documents, Construction Drawings, and Construction Administration).
- Communicate with clients, including multiple stakeholder coordination.
- Work with multi-disciplinary design teams to ensure project delivery.
- Develop construction cost estimates.
- Perform facility condition and capacity assessments.
- Edit/write electrical specifications.
- Assist with project accounting, budgeting, and additional services negotiation.
- Perform construction administration tasks, including RFI and submittal reviews.
- Mentor and train staff.
- Provide input on standards and facilitate improvement of project management practices.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in electrical design.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Knowledge of building codes and standard industry practices.
- Ability to work effectively within a team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Oregon.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Knowledge of the construction, bidding, CM/GC, and design/build process.
- Knowledge of low voltage (fire alarm, voice/data, access control systems).
Fluent Engineering provides an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates. We have a competitive benefits package including paid sick & vacation, retirement plan, bonus compensation, health/dental/vision benefits, and life insurance. Compensation packages depend upon experience and candidate credentials.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Electrical Design: 5 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Temporarily due to COVID-19