We don’t just build buildings…We build careers. For the past 13 consecutive years, we have earned the distinction of being one of the Best Companies to Work For in New York State as nominated by our employees.
The Hayner Hoyt Corporation (www.haynerhoyt.com) is seeking an experienced Estimator who will be responsible for preparing complete and accurate cost estimates for commercial construction projects ensuring bids include all related project costs and meet all customer and company requirements for schedule, scope of work, profitability and quality.
We are a commercial construction company in Central NY and our 50+ years of success is because of our people. Our guiding principals are not just words, they are our actions. Above all, we demand excellence and hold ourselves accountable for our work; if something’s not right, we fix it. Maybe that’s why 99% of our customers rehire or refer us.
- Communicate with owners and architects to clarify/finalize project specifications. May be required to visit job sites or customer locations during the review and bidding process.
- Review project documents and prepare unit takeoffs for material quantity requirements.
- Identify scope of work and prepare subcontractor bid invitation. Identify and contact qualified subcontractors to solicit pricing information. Follow up with subcontractors as required to complete cost estimates.
- Review, analyze and compare subcontractor bids to complete total project costs for submission to the customer. Respond to inquiries regarding total costs and subcontractor bids during the bidding process.
- Compile all related pricing information and prepare complete and accurate estimates which reflect total project costs. Ensure final bid submission includes all required documentation and information for acceptance i.e. MBO/WBO vendors.
- Assist in developing strategies or methods to increase efficiency and/or reduce costs while meeting project requirements.
- Regularly communicate with clients, architects, engineers, Hayner Hoyt project staff, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure that all parties are kept informed of relevant project information.
- Perform related duties as required to meet project and company requirements.
- 2-year college degree in construction technology, construction management, operations management or related field required. BS degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years commercial construction project estimating or related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with clients, prepare written documents and make bid presentations.
- Strong math and analytical skills to evaluate and develop cost and pricing information.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and/or construction documents.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft office products and familiarity with construction estimating software products.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Valid NY State driver's license is required to travel to project sites throughout the Northeast. Position may require evening and/or weekend hours in addition to overnight travel.
- Strong computer skills and online take off experience a plus.
If you believe you can thrive in this environment of high expectations, then we want to hear from you. Upon acceptance of an employment offer, the successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screen. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive salary and comprehensive benefit program. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. We do NOT offer visa or employment sponsorship for this position. Qualified applicants only please. We DO NOT use search firms or employment agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
- estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift