This exciting change management role demands creativity, tenacity, technical and analytical expertise. The incumbent will apply their expertise in identifying, evaluating and launching process improvements that optimize our manufacturing operations throughout our vertically integrated environment. Using creative and proven strategies they will design and deliver project plans, SOP’s and establish key metrics that clearly demonstrate continuous improvements.
Key Responsibilities- Industrial Production Processes
- Designs, develops and evaluates integrated systems for managing production processes.
- Studies key areas of production when designing, testing and analyzing performance including human work factors, quality control systems, inventory management, logistics, textile production, and costs.
- Applies lean manufacturing principles throughout the assembly, and textile operations.
- Implements process changes that result in measurable manufacturing improvements
- Collaborates with internal experts to gain in depth knowledge of products, people, systems and operations.
- Establishes and monitors maintenance schedules for all manufacturing equipment.
- Supports troubleshooting of the manufacturing operations processes and equipment.
- Minimizes downtime through timely and reliable engineering analysis.
- Maximizes equipment efficiency
- Lead projects that streamline processes, improve productivity and eliminate waste.
- Maintain expertise of current industry trends, challenges and opportunities.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement by conducting regular continuous improvement meetings with key stakeholders in multiple departments.
Education and Experience
- University degree in related field: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Manufacturing environment preferably in textiles
- Expert working knowledge of Lean Management and Quality Management Systems
- Proven leadership skills and strong process knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to deliver measured results in a cross-functional operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective critical thinker with proven problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications; Excel and Word are essential.
- Superior project management, organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work within a fast-paced environment, and prioritize conflicting demands.
Company Sponsored Training
- New Employee Orientation
- Code of Conduct
- Emergency Evacuation Procedure
- Health & Safety/Quality Policy Review
- Leadership Development
All applicants must submit a current resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills, qualifications, experience and compensation expectations/requirements (range). While we appreciate all interest, we will only connect with candidates under consideration.
Reference ID: IE712022
Application Deadline: 2022-01-31
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Remote and/or onsite interview process.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required for attending onsite.
- Social distancing and COVID pre-screening guidelines are in place.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures are in place.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Truro, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Industrial Engineering: 5 years (required)