Technical Inside Sales Associate
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree required, preferably in an engineering, construction, or business-related field.
Must be able to use general business software (Microsoft Office, Google Docs, quoting software, Adobe Acrobat, slack). Experience in AutoCAD or SolidWorks is preferred, but not required.
Experience: 3+ years of experience working in sales or another customer-facing role for a manufacturer or supplier of pumping or other fluid handling/treatment systems OR in civil/mechanical/electrical engineering, civil construction, water/wastewater system operations.
Other relevant experience which would demonstrate the ability to work with customers and familiarity with water/wastewater treatment processes and equipment, electrical controls, pumps, estimating, and/or sales.
Location & Travel: This position is based at the APE office in Belgrade, MT. There is a requirement to travel periodically for sales meetings, field operation support, project meetings, training, conferences/trade shows, etc. Typical expenses, including per diem will be provided while traveling.
Duties: General responsibilities will be to support sales staff and application engineers in the development and quotation of projects involving water and sewer collection/distribution, pumping, treatment, storage, and disposal.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Finding and developing contacts and leads for potential projects
- Collection of project information from internal (application engineers, regional managers, outside sales personnel) and external (owners, engineers, municipalities, etc.) contacts
- Working with the Application Engineering team on pump system design
- Hydraulic modeling/system analysis
- Pump selection
- Controls configuration
- Treatment System Design / Design Support
- Technical Writing
- Communication with engineers, owners, and contractors - scopes of work, equipment and services quotation, project reports, etc.
- System specifications and design reports
- Preparation of proposals and estimates for projects that include equipment and services
- Equipment quotes for public and private projects
- Understanding relevant regulations and ensuring proposals
The position involves working closely with personnel within APE, partners, vendors, clients, regulators, etc.
Must be able to work with a team through the entire timeline of a project, including the steps of quoting, ordering, construction planning, installation support, change orders, start-up services, troubleshooting, monitoring, reporting, etc.
Supervisor: This position will report to the Sales Manager. Other key personnel includes:
- Regional Managers
- Application Engineering Team
- Administration / Human Resources Manager
- VP of Operations / Service Manager
Training: Your supervisor will be responsible for working with you to develop a personalized training plan. We understand that there is a lot of different material to learn and will provide time and resources to build on your skills over time. Much of the training will be while working on active projects.
Some time will be provided to study at your own pace while on the job. Although not required, additional studies performed on your own time will be useful to you. There will also be opportunities for on-site project and factory training. These may involve several days of travel and focused training sessions.
Compensation: This is a full-time hourly wage position with an initial probationary status of at least 6 months, but possibly up to 12 months. Bonuses are given annually, or as appropriate based on employee and overall company performance. Starting pay will depend on experience.
After the probationary period, the full compensation package will include:
- Health Insurance Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction