Field Service Electrical Technician
- Assembles and tests electrical, mechanical equipment and components.
- Modifies electrical, mechanical equipment to conform to project specifications.
- Loads required parameters into electronic drives and process controllers to ensure proper operation. Load machine specific software.
- Organizes and maintains machine production area, draws parts and materials from stock as required, restocks unused materials at projects end.
- Interacts with production personnel to resolve manufacturing and assembly issues and to provide technical assistance needed during the initial fabrication and testing of machine complexes.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individuals and departments.
- Troubleshoots equipment to detect malfunction or failure of equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment for adjustments or replacement.
- Completes machine electrical quality check list to validate sensor and software functionality prior to a Factory Acceptance Test by Client.
- Performs modifications or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- Travels domestically and internationally to provide timely and accurate service to clients, working any shift needed by client for installation and/or troubleshooting of machinery.
- Provides effective and accurate communication with clients.
- Ensures needs of the client are met while incorporating the best interest of the company.
- Conforms to all electrical safe work practices and responsible for lock out tag out of assigned complexes.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with the customer at multiple levels
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Flexible and with the ability to excel in production environments
- Maintains professional knowledge in applicable areas. Keeps abreast of changes in the field to include processes, vendor and client requirements.
- 3 years of electrical experience in an OEM environment preferred
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED required; Technical Certification, Associates in Science degree preferred.
- Ability to read technical drawings and diagram
- Solid understanding of processes of automated machines
- Knowledge of digital electronics and logic circuits
- Knowledge of process controllers is a plus (e.g. PLC, Beckhoff and Siemens)
- Knowledge of motion control and retro systems is a plus
- Experience in use of diagnostic systems
- Passion for electronics and electronics-related hobbies are a plus
Position requires extensive travel both domestic and international for extended periods.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $34.00 per hour
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 3 years (Preferred)
- Industrial packaging Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel: