Structural Steel Project Manager (Internal Job ID: SSPM1)
About the Company
Erection & Welding Contractors LLC (EWC) was founded in 1997 by Lew Isaacs and Dale Applegreen and has been steadily growing ever since. EWC is a structural steel fabricator capable of producing between 500 and 700 tons of steel a month. We are an AISC quality certified Fabricator and Erector, certified: STD and our accomplishments include the fabrication of structural steel for buildings of up to 12 stories and 300,000 sq. ft.
Erection & Welding Contractors LLC is committed to giving our customers the quality product they deserve in the time frame they need. We participate on private & public contracts and have over 100 years of combined construction and steel industry experience, amongst our management personnel. EWC is an MBE enterprise certified in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts & New Jersey.
Our Mission and Culture, at EWC, is driven by three primary “Rules of Conduct”:
Be Courteous, Be Cooperative & Be Helpful Always!
Responsibilities and Duties:
(Include but not limited to)
· Manages all activities associated with the construction of assigned projects, managing multiple projects concurrently.
· Manage coordinators and administrators and act as lead to other members of the project management team.
· Manage shop and field schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
· Ensures that all contractual terms and obligations of such projects are maintained.
· Ensures projects meet cost requirements.
· Assures proper accounting for project change orders.
· Interfaces with customers and vendors to identify potential barriers with resolutions that maximize production and minimize costs.
· Visits job site as needed and required.
· Prepares reports for management. Meet with key personnel to ensure timeliness of project.
· Meets and confers with Owners, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Detailers, and Plant and Field crews to verify accuracy and completeness of all construction drawings.
· Review’s plans / proposals and determines proper procedures in order to accomplish company/department goals.
· Ensures all aspects of projects are properly documented.
· Manages multiple projects needs at one time. Effectively coordinate shop and field schedules based on project schedules.
· 401(k) employer match
· Paid Holiday
· Paid Time Off
· Career growth opportunities & Reimbursed CEU’s
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· (Benefit eligibility involves probationary period)
· 4 + Years (minimum) (steel construction a plus).
· OSHA 40 (minimum).
· Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, problem solving, and risk assessment skills (Bilingual a plus).
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work flexible hours according to construction schedule.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Full-time, Monday through Friday
· Berlin, Connecticut
· EWC is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday